v2.26 not working (for me) in xp

Help
Frank
2014-04-16
2014-04-17
  • Frank
    Frank
    2014-04-16

Not sure if the bug report was the correct place, but when I updated to 2.26 I keepass kept aborting when starting up Here is the bug trace

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    System.Drawing
    at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipFillPolygonI(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef brush, HandleRef points, Int32 count, Int32 brushMode)
    at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillPolygon(Brush brush, Point[] points, FillMode fillMode)
    at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillPolygon(Brush brush, Point[] points)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripComboBox.ToolStripComboBoxControl.ToolStripComboBoxFlatComboAdapter.DrawFlatComboDropDown(ComboBox comboBox, Graphics g, Rectangle dropDownRect)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.FlatComboAdapter.DrawFlatCombo(ComboBox comboBox, Graphics g)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at KeePass.Program.Main(String[] args)
    Int32 GdipFillPolygonI(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32)

• Frank
    Frank
    2014-04-17

Hello -- I read the link, so is the solution to change how the video works? If that is the case, were is that setting done?

• Horst
      Horst
      2014-04-17

If you read the link carefully you see in the last topic:

"move the Hardware acceleration slider control to the second position from your left, and then click OK. Note The following message is the description for this slider control position:
      Disable all DirectDraw and Direct 3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations. Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications."

So this is made in the Windows settings according to your version of Windows.

• Frank
    Frank
    2014-04-17

Hello - Thanks to all -- I was not sure if it was display in the control panel or use dxdiag -- The "display" in control panel did the trick -- thx