OtpKeyProv Problem

Help
TantumTech
2013-07-18
2013-07-20
  • TantumTech
    TantumTech
    2013-07-18

OtpKeyProv Plugin says it's updated for 2.20+ however on 2.21+ KeePass starts and says it's not compatible, we use OtpKeyProv all the time and it's a bummer it's locked to 2.20, can someone fix it or give me the source mod to bypass that? Thanks guys!

PS - Using Linux although shouldn't matter much.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-07-18

What is the exact error message? The current OtpKeyProv plugin works with KeePass 2.21 or 2.22 on Windows Home Premium x64. Perhaps its a Mono incompatibility.

• TantumTech
    TantumTech
    2013-07-18

Thank you for your reply, I'll have to check exact message when back in office but simply put it says that plugin is not compatible with this version of keepass and to check the plugin website for an updated version. Very odd works for you, maybe a Linux specific issue? I just extracted the plugin files and sudo'd them to /use/lib/keepass2/ then open keepass and get that error. Again running keepass 2.21 and downloaded the plugin last night, I could try upgrading to 2.22 but do not think that will work if this one version ahead is having this issue. Any ideas? Just in case I tried chmodding and chowning the plugin file to my user etc but no luck. Anything can think of to try? I tried on Ubuntu 13.04 and Slackware 14 to no avail. I am using the keepass version off ubuntus repo but that shouldn't matter.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-07-18

My experience is limited to Windows 7 with KeePass 2.21 or 2.22 and OtpKeyProv v 2.1. Did you verify the version number of the installed OtpKeyProv plugin (Tools>Plugins)? Otherwise it appears the difference between our experiences is your configuration using Linux and presumably mono. I don't use linux so I can't comment beyond making that observation.

• Bee-Bee
    Bee-Bee
    2013-07-18

I had the same problem, on Ubuntu 12.04 with KeePass 2.22, until I installed mono-dmcs. Now it's working perfectly.
    Hope this is of some use to you.

• TantumTech
    TantumTech
    2013-07-19

Bee-Bee: That was it apparently! Thank you very much :] Confirmed 13.04 was just missing package mono-dmcs, thanks a ton was wondering what was going on!

• Bee-Bee
    Bee-Bee
    2013-07-20

No problem, I wouldn't have worked it out myself if you hadn't asked the question and wellread1 hadn't mentioned the Mono compatibility. That got me checking the suggested packages. So team effort really :)