KeePass for Windows Phone 8?

Help
SchneeHans
2014-07-09
2014-07-13
  • SchneeHans
    SchneeHans
    2014-07-09

I’ve been using Keepass so far not only on my PC but also on my Android phone (KeePass Droid). Now I have to switch to a Windows Phone 8 but unfortunately cannot find the appropriate version of KeePass. Can you please help me to get it?

• @Paul
    Your link is for the paid version of 7Pass ($0.99), but Lars linked to the free version. Not sure what the difference is.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-10

Seems to be the same. There is a "try" link on the one I posted, not that 99c is really paid...

cheers, Paul

• SchneeHans
    SchneeHans
    2014-07-11

I would say it works on 8.0 as the applicatons starts but I have no clue how to open a local database! Only SkyDrive, Dropbox etc.
    Any ideas?

Thanks!

• I've never used a Windows Phone, but I vaguely recall reading that the WP OS didn't allow for local storage of user files until WP8 - and, given the "7" in this app's name, it's likely that the app hasn't been updated to make use of the new local storage features.

I apologize for giving half-baked information, but given that no one more experienced with WP has come forward with better info, I figure my half-baked info might still be better than no info at all. A search for "KeePass" on the WP store turned up four more apps that seem to work directly with KeePass files (as opposed to merely importing them to their own format):
    CodeSafe Pro
    MetroPass
    PassKeeper
    WinKee

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-07-11

It is possible that 7Pass doesn't provide for a user managed local copy (many phones have primitive file management). 7Pass has a blog that the developer responds to at http://7pass.wordpress.com/faq/ and where you might find some relevant posts.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-07-11
  • SchneeHans
    SchneeHans
    2014-07-12

Thanks für your replies, will try the other apps!

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-13

WinKee has been added.

cheers, Paul