Column view settings for plugin created placeholders are not remembered correctly under some circumstances

Help
wellread1
2014-03-14
2014-04-18
  • wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-03-14

This issue is possibly not a KeePass issue but since I don't have the skills to determine the cause I am reporting in both relevant forums.

I have installed two plugins that create columns under "Created by Plugins" section in the Configure Columns dialog:

Quality Column 1.2
    Tray Totp 2.0.0.5

Problem in KeePass 2.25:

• If a user selects one plugin created column to display in the KeePass Configure Columns dialog, the column is correctly displayed. However if the user closes the Configure Columns dialog then reopens it, both columns are selected for display. If the user takes no action both columns are displayed when the Configure Columns dialog is closed.
    • If a user selects or deselects both columns, the column display settings are remembered correctly.
    • If either plugin is installed by itself column display settings are remembered correctly.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-03-14
  • Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2014-03-15

Thanks for reporting this issue! This was a bug in KeePass, and I've fixed it now.

Here's the latest development snapshot for testing:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_140315c.zip

Best regards,
    Dominik

• MeanderingCode
    MeanderingCode
    2014-04-18

The link you provided results in a 404 error, so I cannot test.

My issue is that I recieve an error that the TrayTOTP plugin is not compatible. It is the only plugin i have installed. Could this be related?

EDIT: I have a copy of 2.26 portable running now and i recieve the same issue. It is possibly an issue with mono or other linux dependencies.

EDIT 2: The problem was in dependcies, indeed: I needed the mono-complete package (or packages in that meta-package) to run plugins, which as not a "depends" or "suggests" package in the keepass2 debian/ubuntu package.

Regards.

Keepass2 v 2.25
    TraTOTP v 2.0.0.5
    Linux (Kubuntu 12.04.3, mono-runtime v 2.10.8.1)

Last edit: MeanderingCode 2014-04-18