Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

What's the best Android client ?

Help
ljvd
2014-04-26
2014-04-29
  • ljvd
    ljvd
    2014-04-26

Several KeePass apps exist in the android market
    That's the best one for a sync usage with KeepPass (v2.25) ?

Thanks for your feedbacks.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-04-26

None of the Android apps that support the KeePass 2.x file format can perform a KeePass sync (sync database file contents). Database file replication (e.g. Dropbox, etc.) is available to all. Other criteria for consideration include availability of a help forum and a reasonably large installed user base. Two apps that satisfy these criteria are Keepass2Android and KeePassDroid. The KeePass2Android app seems to have more features.

• Mats Bosrup
    Mats Bosrup
    2014-04-27

I installed KeePass2 on my Win7 PC and Keepass2Android on my Android phone. Now I am trying to syncronise the 2 databases using a USB Cable connected to the phone and using "syncronize" in the PC menu. Get "Corrupted DB" and no syncronisation.

Reading the above clarification it looks impossible to syncronize in this manner. Any way forward? Or other suggestions on how to have an Android phone and a PC each having DB updates and then syncronize?

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-04-27

That could be an issue related to the Windows USB driver for whatever filesystem your android phone uses. Try simply copying the database to the phone from the PC and back.

Most users will use a cloud service such as Dropbox to transfer files between a PC and the android device.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-04-27
  • steelej
    steelej
    2014-04-27

When you plug your Android phone in to your PC it should be visible as in Windows Explorer. In my case it appears under "Portable Devices" (using Windows 8) and I can browse the files on the phone.

If you can't see the device there you may not have the necessary USB drivers installed. Again in my case using a Samsung S3 phone it was necessary to install the Samsung phone management software - Kies. For other phones consult your device manufacturer's web site.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-04-29

I keep a read only copy of my database on a website and open it from a URL on KeePass2android. If I change / add something on the tablet I email it to the PC to update.

cheers, Paul