Problem with Auto type on Pandora

Help
R. Wong
2013-12-18
2013-12-19
  • R. Wong
    R. Wong
    2013-12-18

I am having trouble getting Keepass2 and Keyform to add email and password to the Pandora website logon.
    If you have gotten it to work, please let me know how you did it.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-12-18

Please post the URL and we will see if it should work.

cheers, Paul

• R. Wong
    R. Wong
    2013-12-18

http://www.pandora.com/

The logon appears after the page loads, so I guess Keepass is mixed up.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-12-18

I can't access the site 'cause I'm a foreigner.
    Can you view the page code / inspect element for the login fields? The field type should be "text" for the user name and "password" for the password.

cheers, Paul

• R. Wong
    R. Wong
    2013-12-18

Well, if you have no problems, then it must be on my side.
    Keyform will open the webpage, but it says that it doesn't find any password field, and do I want to continue. When I select 'yes', the email field is empty, but the password field is completed.
    Any guesses?

• R. Wong
    R. Wong
    2013-12-18

Quick question:
    When you use KeePass to auto complete. Do you need to click on the entry field first or can Keepass find the fields automatically?
    I can get it to work, but only if I do the former.
    Thx

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-12-18

KeePass does not interact with a web page in any way. Instead when a user presses the global auto-type key, KeePass reads the active Window Title (there is only one active Window), and if it finds an auto-sequence that contains a matching Target Window in an unlocked database, it sends the specified keystrokes to wherever the cursor is located in the active Window. If KeePass finds multiple matches, it gives the user a choice of which auto-type sequence to send prior to sending any keystrokes. In all cases, the user must make sure the cursor is at the correct starting point before initiating an auto-type.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-12-18
  • Paul
    Paul
    2013-12-19

KeyForm expects to find specific field types. Please post the page source/html - I can't view the page.

cheers, Paul

• R. Wong
    R. Wong
    2013-12-19

I don't seem to be able to add an attachment. So, here is the part with logon:
    script id="loginFormTmpl" type="text/x-jquery-tmpl">

Your email

<div class="formField">
                <input type="password" class="field" name="password">
                <span class="fieldLabel">Password</span>
            </div>

<div class="formField">
                <input type="submit" value="Sign in" class="btn_bg welcome_btn loginButton">
            </div>

<div class="formHelp clearfix">
                <div class="formFieldError emailFieldError"></div>
                <div class="formFieldError passwordFieldError"></div>
                <div class="formFieldError serverFieldError">I'm sorry, I don't recognize your email and password.</div>
                <div class="formFieldError suspendedAccountError">Sorry, but this account has been suspended.<br>Please contact <a href="http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/166313-contact-pandora-support" target="_blank">listener support</a> for help.</div>
            </div>

<div class="formField remember">
                <input type="checkbox" name="remember" checked><label>Remember me</label>
            </div>

<div class="formField forgot">
                <a href="/account/help" class="help">Forgot password?</a>
            </div>

{{if (showCancel)}}
            <div class="formField">
                <a href="#" class="cancel">Go back</a>
            </div>
            {{/if}}

</form>
    </div>

</script> <script id="loginPopupHeaderTmpl" type="text/x-jquery-tmpl"> </script> <script id="loginPopupContentTmpl" type="text/x-jquery-tmpl">
    Create an account for free. Register
    </script>
    <div class='_spacer'><p height='99px'></p></div>

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-12-19

It seems that the field types are not what KeeForm expects. As you can see from the extract below the password field type is "password", but the user name / email is type "email" and KeeForm expects a type of "text". This would explain why the password is filled in but not the email address.

<input tabindex="168" class="field" name="email" type="email">
    <input type="password" class="field" name="password">

Your only solution is to use KeePass native Auto-Type - unless you want to modify KeeForm.

cheers, Paul

Last edit: Paul 2013-12-19