Creating a key-file only sounds comfortable as I don't have to remember the password, but questions remain open:
- how many characters does the password consist of
- what characters are being used
- what is the quality (bits)
In fact, I don't even know the password or anything about...
Creating a password manually, I may select:
- from a variety of characters
- length of password
And finally, what is the better method of creating the hash:
- pounding the keyboard or chasing the mouse?
Key files are easy and the password quality is excellent, but you must be careful not to let anyone else obtain your key file or they will be able to open your database. A better method may be to use a key file and a simple password, then knowing the password would be useless without the key file.
Chasing the mouse and pounding the keyboard are both good - I find it easier to chase the mouse.