KeePass and INGDirect

Scott
2011-05-10
2013-07-23
  • Scott
    Scott
    2011-05-10

OK.  So I've install KeePass and have started entering all my passwords and acct info.  And it's been working fine.  Now I want to have KeePass log into INGDirect.  Two problems
    1. it requires 2 screens for entry
    2. to enter my pin, I am forced to click on the numbers on the screen.

I think the 2nd issue is the bigger of the two.  Is there a way for KeePass  to click instead of feed the type buffer?

Thanks

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2011-05-10

KeePass Auto-Type can not position the cursor on the screen or send mouse clicks, so that portion of the login will have to be done manually.

The standard technique for 2 page logins is to define a complete auto-type login sequence that includes a {DELAY X} at the point where the page changes, and where X (in milliseconds) is large enough to allow the website to switch pages.  Values of X often fall between 2000 to 5000.

If the two pages have different window titles then it is possible to define a separate auto-type appropriate for each page.

-Wellread1

• Rick Z
    Rick Z
    2011-05-12

I too bank with  ING and since the second page allows only mouse clicks for password entry unless you click to select keyboard entry and they randomly presents alpha keys for the numeric entry I gave up on keypass for this one. If you find a way please post and let us know.

Rick

• Scott
    Scott
    2011-05-13

I've given up on this as well.  The good thing is that the PIN is short.  Either KeePass will need to be able to do mouse clicks or ING will have to change.

Everyone, thanks for your help

• Scott
    Scott
    2011-05-13

I just sent ING an email requesting email requesting the ability to enter 32 to 64 character passwords.  This in my opinion would be more secure than their current pin scheme.

• Horst
    Horst
    2011-05-13

I don't think that Diba will change that, they want to stop Keyloggers.
    Having even very long passworts are no safeguard againts them.

• Scott
    Scott
    2011-05-13

Except that KeePass takes steps to prevent key loggers from snooping.  So maybe just maybe they may listen to me someday…

• Martin Best
    Martin Best
    2013-07-23

I have gotten around this problem on 99% of my login screens with the {TAB} command. Here is an example for the multiple page Amazon.com store card login screen:

{TAB}{TAB}{USERNAME}{ENTER}{DELAY 3000}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}

for url: https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/login.do?subActionId=1000&clientId=amazon&langId=en&accountType=plcc

Because the username field isn't even selected when you pull up the page, I learned you can press the TAB key twice and the cursor is positioned in the username field, awaiting entry. (This saves me from having to click in the box.)

The above sequence enters the username after 2 tabs, presses enter, waits 3 seconds for the next screen to load, tabs 3 more times to select the password field, enters the password, and eventually logs me in automatically.

In a couple cases I've had to {TAB} again to select the "login" graphic button and then send an {ENTER} or a space when {ENTER} immediately after the password would not work. (i.e web page is waiting on a user to click on the graphic button}

An "autohotkey"-like cursor positioning & mouse click command would be a nice addition to KeePass.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-07-23

If you desire this kind of functionality you will need to install one of the third party KeePass form filling plugins, available at the KeePass plugin page in the Integration & Transfer section.

KeePass does not examine the elements on a webpage and it is unlikely that features will be introduced that would require KeePass to know anything about a webpage except the browser tab title.