How can I submit my plugin?

2008-12-26
2012-11-20
1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)
  • Hello.

I'm writing the floating panel plugin. It allows you to use your passwords (auto-type, copy to clipboard) without need to open KeePass window:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9sWBW4MIeFk/SVTOHGxhhpI/AAAAAAAAAH4/hlwWokMZ8LU/s1600-h/KPPanelTray.PNG
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9sWBW4MIeFk/SVTNeW2AxLI/AAAAAAAAAHY/ck7YhFeF6mA/s1600-h/KPPanel.PNG
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9sWBW4MIeFk/SVTNs9tL_yI/AAAAAAAAAHo/rJqfPKcZehw/s1600-h/KPPanelMenu.PNG

How can I share this work with other users? What do I need to post my plugin to the http://keepass.info/plugins.html page (or I cann't do that)?

I haven't found any "submit/upload link" or contact information.

Thanks.

• Dominik Reichl
      Dominik Reichl
      2008-12-26

Your plugin looks great! :-)

Just send it to me by e-mail ( http://keepass.info/contact.html ) and it'll be added to the plugins page. Depending on what you prefer, I can host your plugin files locally on the KeePass server or link to a website of your choice.

Thanks and best regards
      Dominik

• sgp
      sgp
      2009-01-04

Hello Alex, nice plugin, thank you. It seems to work, except that if I run keepass2 with an empty database and click on the floating bar I get this error message
      ************** Exception Text **************
      System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
         at MainForm.fmMain.pmPasswords_Opening(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
         at MainForm.fmMain.lbClock_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
         at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• sgp, thank you for your feedback.
      I'll fix this in the next version.

• sgp, there is a new version on the http://keepass.info/plugins.html page. You can check it out.

• MDM
      MDM
      2009-02-01

Your Plugin is very helpful.  Thank you for releasing it!

I got a feature request - maybe you can implement it in a future version.
      Here is a description.

I have a very large list of entries about 150 or more in a few categories. If I open the list it does not fit on the screen, so I get those arrows on the top and bottom, to scroll through the enties. This is very slow. I think it should be possible to extend the displayed entries on the side... and start another row from top to buttom, once it touches the bottom of the screen.
      So that the entries are displayed all at once in rows side by side, instead of one row that hides the entrys which do not fit into one row.   in case some people do not like this, you could make it an option.
      If I remember correctly, roboform does it this way too. They always display all entries instead of hiding what does not fit into one row.

Thank you for reading

• MDM
      MDM
      2009-02-01

.... sorry, there is one thing I forgot : )
      it would be great if you could add an option which enables the functionalitiy of your plugin by clicking on the trayicon instead of the floating panel.
      since the panel itself isnt much useful by itself - why not just add the option to use the tray icon to activate your plugins function.   this would be very nice.

• A really good suggestions - thanks. I'll consider them in the next version.

• MDM
      MDM
      2009-02-05

Hi Alexeev,
      thank you for the consideration.       During the last few days actually a new issue came up. I posted about it in the main forum, but I noone did have a really good solution.

Background:
      I was using a different prog to store my passwords for many years.   this prog was easy to use and extremely fast. unfortunately it is out of develpment since win2000 was released. the problem why I had to stop using it was that my passwordlist grew too long and the prog doesnt allow passwordgroups - only one list.

the one feature that makes it so fast and that i did not find in ANY other program yet is drag and drop support.    it is very intuitive and fast, it always works and it's secure, since it cannot happen that the login information is accidentally entered in the wrong input field, like for example in the searchbox.

i would be happy if you could take a look at it.  you can check out a visual demo of the prog here:
      http://www.keywallet.com/keywallet.php?demo    or even install it.    it is still available for free.

like i said it is VERY fast that way and i never encountered the "always on top" problems which still seem to occur often in keepass.

so how about implementing that kind of functionality in your plugin...   i mean the drag and drop login feature.     when i thought about it i found only one potential problem.  this is that if the password list is visible it could cover the location where the login info needs to be dropped. so maybe the list has to disappaer once the user drags an entry or it has to be transparent....    anyhow... i guess i am thinking already too far ahead.
      It would be very nice if you could take a look.

on a sidenote...    i noticed that your plugin seems to be the only reliable "always on top" solution with keepass at this time. ; )  

• John L. Galt
      John L. Galt
      2009-02-07

john_l_galt@hotmail.com

FWIW - I just dragged and dropped that address above from KeePass to this post - I really don't see why you don't have D&D available.

When KeePass had issues with Vista 64bit and then (now) Windows 7 64bit, I used D&D extensively to drag and drop the username and PW (singly) on my laptop (on the desktop I used KB shortcuts as I like my KB).

• MDM
      MDM
      2009-02-07

FYI - I HAVE drag and drop available. Maybe I was a bit unclear.... I was talking about the whole login procedure with ONE drag and drop action.  why dont you take a look at the link I posted before there you will see clearly what I mean. Or go to the startpage http://www.keywallet.com and see an even simpler demo right away.
      The main difference compared to keepass is that everything is completed in one action (drag the complete login entry - that's it) compared to three actions (drag login - drag password - hit login button or press enter) in keypass and that there are no always on top issues whatsoever since windowfocus does not need to change once the sequence is launched.
      It's just ALOT more convenient that way. I know it since i was working with both programs.
      In a nutshell the other program just executes the autotype login for the corresponding account once the entry is dropped.
      That means all the functionality is already there. It just needs to be executed a bit different.

• go2null
        go2null
        2009-02-10

why not just use CTRL+V?

• MDM
      MDM
      2009-02-10

just read the previous posts ;-)

• If I click on The FloatingPanel i have this error http://wklej.org/hash/6dcea612c1/

• Oliver Kuhn
      Oliver Kuhn
      2009-03-26

Hi Alexeev, great plugin!

could you please provide a version for 2.07?

Thanks,
      Oliver

• Hi, All.

Unfortunately, I take a second job recently and have absolutely no time for side projects :(

There is a sources attached at KePass's plugins page - feel free to take them and do whatever you want with them ;)

• Hi there, when I start KeePass (2.09) it says that the plugin is not compatible. I've downloaded version ≥2.09, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/

Thanks for the plugin by the way :)

• fAcknet
    fAcknet
    2010-02-26

Hi there, when I start KeePass (2.09) it says that the plugin is not compatible. I've downloaded version ≥2.09, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/

need install Microsoft NET framework 3 >>SP1<<

• hadez11
    hadez11
    2010-03-21

Same here, but i use KeePass 2.10.  Microsofts NET Framework 3 SP1 cannot be the solution cause i use Win7 (with built-in FW 3.5)

• hadez11
    hadez11
    2010-03-21

(i know that the author doesn't support it any longer due to a lack of time)

Apart from that i don't unterstand what the plugin is for?! When i minimize my KeePass window i still can use auto-type…. so what is/was the feature??

• phaenom
    phaenom
    2010-03-21

Hi all,
    I have the same problem with KeePass 2.10
    I have used the plugin with KeePass 2.09 successfully.
    With 2.10  I get the message that the plugin is not compatible
    Both with Windows 7. Nothing else changed.

Thanks

• Apart from that i don't unterstand what the plugin is for?! When i minimize my KeePass window i still can use auto-type…. so what is/was the feature??

It is just a port of the same feature from Password Commander, which I've used before KeePass.

I have the same problem with KeePass 2.10
    I have used the plugin with KeePass 2.09 successfully.

AFAIK, there is no 2.10 version. There is 2.09 and >= 2.12.

• DTC-Bob
    DTC-Bob
    2011-02-12

Hello - I'm  using KeePass 2.14, relatively new  but it is great.  I found Floating Panel and downloaded it - what a great addition!  However, it ran ONCE, now every time I try to load KeePass I get:

C:\Users…..\PluginCache\XCmHhvBw020TR2nm_2.1.4.29288\FVdvnnb0.dll

I reloaded KeePass and Floating Panel and get the same result.  I'm running Win7

thanks in advance

• Paul
    Paul
    2011-02-12

Try deleting the files in the plugincache directory.

cheers, Paul

• DTC-Bob
    DTC-Bob
    2011-02-14

Paul,

Thank you for the rapid response.  Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem  :-(  
    I cleared the cache, deleted floating panel, restarted KeePass and worked as normal.  exited KeePass, pulled down Floating Panel 2.12, extracted, and crashed again.  KeePass version 2.14 & Win7 …

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)