ewalletdataliberator 0.11 "Could not find install folder.Please try reinstalling it." error

Mario
2013-09-01
2013-09-07
  • Mario
    Mario
    2013-09-01

I run the ewalletliberator 0.11 under WinXp. My eWallet installation is v7.4.3.33160.
    I receive the following error
    "Could not find install folder.Please try reinstalling it."
    Tried copying the .exe file next to eWallet.exe, did not help.
    How can I fix this ?
    Thanks.

• Mario
    Mario
    2013-09-02

Solved;
    I ran the program on my other (Windows 7) machine and everything worked fine.
    For me subject is closed.

BTW: A note field that had gibberish inside (strange text) caused the program to abort, after checking the xml file found the card that caused the problem, deleted it, it fixed the problem.
    What I am trying to say is, don't give up, this program works! It saves hours of manual work.
    Thanks.

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-09-07

Hi, sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.

eWalletLiberator searches for eWallet by the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ilium Software\eWallet\InstallDir so if that isn't present, it won't be able to find it regardless of where you put the .exe file.

If you've already worked around it by using a different machine, though, fair enough!

If it isn't sensitive information, and if you still have it, then if you provide me with the contents of the note field that caused the crash, then I could fix the program to at least not crash when it encounters it...

Thanks,

Alex