fupa
2013-03-18
2013-03-28
  • fupa
    fupa
    2013-03-18

Hi, I would like to see following Features in your Software:

• auto reload of database(s) if newer
      this feature is very interessting when sharing the database on drop box or any other share with others

• auto safe
      i like to recommend not providing "save (ctrl+s)" functionality; it would be fantastic to save things right away to the "hard disk"

• improve handling on manging multiple databases at once
      right now when reopening the tool only the last db will be opened rather all I used in last session
      right now I have to reload each db next time

Many many thanks, a great tool I will spread over the world :-).

• Gordon Rogier
    Gordon Rogier
    2013-03-18

Think “auto reload of database(s) if newer” might be better if it was “auto-synchronization if database(s) are newer”. Think it would be somewhat dangerous to just auto-reload, as there are a lot of use cases where the user might be offline making changes.. and then do like a DropBox write that is delayed. What if two users are making changes to a shared database, then they both have write delays. Auto-reload would be a LILO result vs a merge of both sets of changes. The nice thing about “synch” is that it is at the entry level.. and if the same entry was changed, one would have both a history of both changes and also would have LILO at the entry level.

PS. I am basically doing this very thing with a couple of very careful triggers on open/save. Basically I think having an automatic trigger to check the file for changes like every X mins would be helpful (aka vs depending on save/open as the only triggers currently) .. then the rest of the basic logic already exists in synchronization feature.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-03-18

auto reload of database(s) if newer

Pushing database updates to an already open database is not currently possible, but it is possible to set up a button, using triggers, that can conveniently update the currently open database on demand.

auto save

This can be implemented in triggers.
    EVENT: User interface state updated
    CONDITIONS: Active database has unsaved changes
    ACTIONS: Save active database

improve handling on manging multiple databases at once

There is no remember last session option, however you can set keepass to open the same set of databases every time using triggers, or the KeeAutoExec plugin. If you configure KeePass to always open the same set of databases you should also disable the "Remember and automatically open last used database on startup". If you wish KeePass to always unlock the same database (if open), you must also upgrade to KeePass 2.21 and define a trigger to activate (select) the desired database on database close.

• mordain
    mordain
    2013-03-27

I love your work, but, I would love to be able to attach files to entries, for saving certificates and private encryption keys (and occasional misc other data), so that the files are included in the encrypted database. I know ascii armored private keys can be pasted in the comments section, but the file attachment has more flexibility.

cheers.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-03-27

Attachments are possible in KeePass 1.x and 2.x. In KeePass 2.x go to an Entry's advanced tab to add attachments.

• bbb123
    bbb123
    2013-03-27

Sometimes, I press the KeePass hotkey combination but then change my mind. I would like to send KeePass back to the tray by pressing Esc.

Also, I would like to use Esc to minimize/lock KeePass.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-03-28

I would like to send KeePass back to the tray by pressing Esc.

Alt+Space+N is the standard way to accomplish this on Windows. On windows 7, Win Logo + Down Arrow also works.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-03-28

If you have pressed the Global Auto-Type hot keys pressing Esc closes the password window and KeePass stays in the tray.
    Otherwise Ctrl L will work.

cheers, Paul