minimize -> taskbar, close -> tray

sors
2012-10-19
2014-08-20
  • sors
    sors
    2012-10-19

This is just a minor UI thing, but right now it seems like in the options you have to choose between minimize to taskbar or minimize to tray.

I'd prefer if both were available at once (like it's done with most programs, I think): clicking minimize would minimize to taskbar and clicking close would minimize to tray.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-20

Clicking Close closes the program. This is standard behaviour for almost every program.

cheers, Paul

• Garret Wilson
      Garret Wilson
      2014-08-20

Clicking Close closes the program. This is standard behaviour for almost every program.

Yes, "almost". But for task tray programs that stay running, there's usually an option for "close" to mean "close the window, but keep it running---don't exit". And in fact KeePass 2.27 has exactly this option in the Options|Interface menu. Awesome!

• sors
    sors
    2012-10-21

Clicking Close closes the program.

By default, yes. But I'm talking about after you make changes the options. You currently can't have both minimize to taskbar and minimize to tray, you have to choose one or the other.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-22

Yes you can, that's the default setting.

cheers, Paul

• sors
    sors
    2012-10-23

Now I've noticed that if there's a tray icon shown and I double click on it, KeePass gets minimized to tray.
    So I guess that's good enough.