Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Conditional AutoType

2012-06-13
2013-10-01
  • Is it possible to have a "conditional autotype"? Think of the following case: you enter a Loginbox, where the username is displayed from the last loggedin user. if this is identical to you {username}, keepass should not do {clearfield}, if the username is noct identical to {username} it should do {clearfield}.

Background is: If i use {clearfield}, KeePass types the Keys realy slow, if i do not use {clearfield}, it types the keys very fast. I dont know why.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2012-06-13

Conditional auto-type is not possible because KeePass does not integrate with the application (e.g. browser) and therefore can not inspect the contents of fields displayed within the application.

I have not observed the slow typing that you report with {CLEARFIELD}.  Are you sure you don't also have a {DELAY=X} in your auto-type?  There are also several alternatives to {CLEARFIELD} such as {HOME}+{END} or ^A (both of these sequences select the contents of the field where the cursor resides so that the next keystroke overwrites the contents).

-wellread1

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-06-14

You could double click on the field to select the existing name, then KeePass will over type.

cheers, Paul

• ursus
    ursus
    2013-09-29

On original topic... It would be good to have conditional autotype.

F.e. I have app that asks me to provide SOME letters from my password. While I can easily setup autotype using placeholder {PICKCHARS} for ech character (I cannot pick up all at once as there is some weird JavaScript on target page). I would like to be manually able to pick which of two autotypes will run...

Practically it's addind conditional logic or loops into AutoType definitions.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-10-01

There is no provision for using Auto-Type based on page content etc.

I use this sequence for a particularly recalcitrant web page. It first asks for 1 character 3 times, then types the picked characters with a TAB between them.
    {PICKCHARS:Password:ID=1,C=1}{TAB}{PICKCHARS:Password:ID=2,C=1}{TAB}{PICKCHARS:Password:ID=3,C=1}

cheers, Paul