Merging two databases

Marty
2013-11-06
2013-11-06
  • Marty
    Marty
    2013-11-06

How do I merge databases? I was doing a good job of keeping a copy of my database in Dropbox, and replacing it whenever I added something at work, or at home. But I got lazy, and now have at least 3 databases with some differences. Is there a way to merge them?

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-11-06

Use the KeePass synchronization feature to sync ("merge") the databases.

IMPORTANT: KeePass keeps track of deleted entries. This has important consequences when you try to use sync to merge databases that at one time were the same, but have been treated as independent databases for an extended period. You should make copies of the original databases prior to syncing and carefully check the final synced ("merged") database.

Default sync behavior will cause any entry that was in the original database to be deleted upon sync when that same entry was deleted from one of the databases. If that default behavior is not the desired result you may delete the deleted objects records from the databases before syncing ("merging") them by using Tools>Database Tools>Database Maintenance...>Delete (Deleted objects information).

Last edit: wellread1 2013-11-06