Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Password recording - autochange entry

2011-02-04
2012-11-20
  • IceColdLove
    IceColdLove
    2011-02-04

Hi there,

I've searched around a bit, but didn't quite find a thing.

Is there a possibility within KeePass 2.x to record passwords as described in the following situation:

I'm using KeePass Auto-Type to login to different SAP-systems (30 different systems). Whenever I'm prompted to enter a new password within SAP - usually after login - is there a possibility to use the hotkeys to generate a random password, enter it, press tab, enter it again, press enter and after that update the KeePass entry used for this system with the new password?

I would be really gratefulfor any hints, help or anything else helping me ;)

Greetings

• IceColdLove
    IceColdLove
    2011-02-04

Ok, I think the {NEWPASSWORD} command was what i was looking for. Just didn't realize how to use it correctly.

• Torch
    Torch
    2011-02-04

Didn't know this existed! Works great, just wish there it could use the Derive from Previous Password profile instead.

• Anonymous
    2011-08-01

Hi,
    I got a question for your statement that you have several different SAP Systems and if you could give me some info, how you managed to get the auto-type and recognition of the sap gui windows to work. I enabled the Registry entry to get more SAPGUI information in the title window, but still Keepass is not able to grab the right window and I was wondering, if you mind sharing, how you managed that? thanks

• Anonymous
    2012-09-24

Hi,

here is a description of how you can logon die SAP systems using Keepass: Using Keepass instead of SAP Logon.

Regards,

Peter