No Account Delete Confirmation?

JC
2013-11-10
2013-11-10
  • JC
    JC
    2013-11-10

I'm using KeePass 2.24 and cleaned up a couple old accounts. I highlighted the old account and pressed Delete. Keeypass never prompted me to confirm the deletion. It just deleted it. That's a little scary should this happen by mistake and not notice it. I looked around in Keepass Options but didn't see where that can be turned on. Hope this can be added in the next release. Until then be careful around that Delete key.

Last edit: JC 2013-11-10
  • wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-11-10

Unless you turned the option off or renamed the group in Database Settings, you will find your deleted items in the Recycle Bin group.

• JC
      JC
      2013-11-10

Thanks and yes it did move it to the recycle bin. It would be reassuring to have a prompt saying I'm about to delete an account (move it to recycle bin) rather than just doing it w/o warning. I do get a warning when I empty the recycle bin so at least that's good.

Last edit: JC 2013-11-10
  • wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-11-10

Only the first time. After that it would be a nuisance. The idea of a Recycle bin is common enough that it is fair to assume that a user will consider the possibility on their own.