Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

New Plugin - RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO

Piotr
2009-09-01
2013-09-09
1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 1 of 4)
  • Piotr
    Piotr
    2009-09-01

I have writen a plugin that is a workaround for sending keys to Remote Desktop Connection from KeePass 2.x. For that it uses the same c++ function as KeePass 1.x.
    Depending on the configuration it also allowes the use of Two Chanannel Auto Type Obfuscation to type to specified program.

It can be downloaded form: http://plugins.pj.int.pl/RDC/

Cheers,
    Piotr J.

• Gordon Rogier
      Gordon Rogier
      2009-09-01

Sort of lost on how to install this for KeePass 2.08??

• Paul
      Paul
      2009-09-02

This is in the new PLGX format. To use it you need a non-production version of KeePass, so this should only be used for testing.
      https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3373176&forum_id=329220

cheers, Paul

• Gordon Rogier
        Gordon Rogier
        2009-09-02

Got a more current development snapshot downloaded and now the plugin loads.

Have a second issue, getting a "ClassicType.exe not found." message when I try to use it.  Any advice?

• Piotr
      Piotr
      2009-09-02

The minimum Keepass snapshot required is KeePass_090830c (found at https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=7597088\).
      That snapshotit adds the post-build command that adds this (ClassicType.exe) file.
      It does all the "typing" in c++ and is taken form KeePass 1.x.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
      Piotr J.

• Gordon Rogier
        Gordon Rogier
        2009-09-02

Had/Have downloaded that snapshot.  Still getting the error message.  Is the ClassicType.exe expected to be a separate file, as I do not see it in the extract?
        PS.  I also checked the earlier snapshots I could find on the plgx topic (KeePass_090820c.zip, KeePass_090824b.zip and KeePass_090830c.zip) and do not see any file relating to ClassicType.exe.  TIA.

• Dominik Reichl
      Dominik Reichl
      2009-09-02

Get KeePass 090830c, clear the plugin cache using 'Tools' -> 'Plugins' -> button 'Clear', and restart KeePass.

• Gordon Rogier
        Gordon Rogier
        2009-09-02

Using KeePass 090830c, did the clear the plugin cache using 'Tools' -> 'Plugins' -> button 'Clear', and restarted KeePass.   Still getting error message and also when doing 'Tools'->'RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO'->'About', it has Plugin ver 0.5.0.0 (0.5) and note CT not found.

• Dominik Reichl
      Dominik Reichl
      2009-09-02

Now I know the problem! Your user application directory contains a space character, which makes the copy command work incorrectly. The plugin needs to be rebuilt using a slightly different post-build command that includes quotes.

I've added this to the PLGX build commands documentation:
      http://keepass.info/help/v2_dev/plg_index.html

Best regards
      Dominik

• Piotr
      Piotr
      2009-09-02

The bat file that packes the plugin is:

cd RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO
      rd /S /Q bin obj
      cd ..
      C:\Users\Piotr\Desktop\KEEPASS\Keepass.exe --plgx-create "C:\Users\Piotr\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO\RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO" --plgx-prereq-kp:2.08 --plgx-prereq-net:2.0 --plgx-prereq-os:Windows --plgx-build-post:"cmd /c COPY {PLGX_TEMP_DIR}ClasicType.exe {PLGX_CACHE_DIR}ClasicType.exe"

Have a loot at a folder simmilar to:
      C:\Users\Piotr\AppData\Roaming\KeePass\PluginCache\9ORLmFO7XE6Hejob_2.0.8.30294
      There you should have two file: ClasicType.exe and Z4pRQBs6.dll

Is that correct?

As for it's use I have:
      Process pType = new Process();
      pType.StartInfo.FileName = "ClasicType.exe";
      pType.StartInfo.Arguments = s;
      string dir = Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location.ToString());
      pType.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory = dir;

Cheers,
      Piotr J.

• Piotr
      Piotr
      2009-09-02

Better packed:
      http://www.pj.int.pl/RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO.plgx

The last line of the bat to pack the plugin is now:
      C:\Users\Piotr\Desktop\KEEPASS\Keepass.exe --plgx-create "C:\Users\Piotr\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO\RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO" --plgx-prereq-kp:2.08 --plgx-prereq-net:2.0 --plgx-prereq-os:Windows --plgx-build-post:"cmd /c COPY """{PLGX_TEMP_DIR}ClasicType.exe""" """{PLGX_CACHE_DIR}ClasicType.exe""""

Anything better?

Cheer,
      Piotr J.

• Gordon Rogier
        Gordon Rogier
        2009-09-02

HURRAY !!!!   Downloaded the updated plgx and IT WORKS !!.  This is awesome to have RDC login support again, as I have been running a parallel copy of KeePass 1.16 to address this need... now I can look forward to this being streamlined in KeePass 2.09 >=.  Thnx a ton.

• Piotr
      Piotr
      2009-09-02

Also - since this auto type code is form KeePass 1.x some placemarkes like {SPACE} = " " (as far as I can remember) are interpreted as in 1.x.

• maxa
      maxa
      2009-09-02

At last i have my remote desktop autotype back in action!!!!!! Thanks a lot!

• maxa
      maxa
      2009-09-04

I have a small problem with the plugin: i have some passwords with special chars (in particular the simbol £) which is not typed in the remote desktop, i tried that with notepad and the password is typed correctly, if a open a notepad within remote desktop session and try to autotype the password the special char is missing... Try for example with abcd£$!, the £ simbol will miss... That's really weird. Is there a workaround? thanks in advance

• Piotr
      Piotr
      2009-09-04

From "abcd£$!," I am geting "abcd?$!,".
      The string to typing is not passed as unicode. The function that changes unicode to regular ascii might change £ to ?.
      I will look into passing it as unicode.

Cheers,
      Piotr J.

• Piotr
      Piotr
      2009-09-06

Maxa,

The newest plugin version workes correctly with strings like: "£123£321£".
      As £ can't be type using the keyboard (apart form using Alt-some-no.) it can't be typed directly.
      The plugin now determines which characters it can't type and copies them to clipboard and pastes them into the destanation window - this might not work with connsoles (u will see ^v).

Workes better?

Cheers,
      Piotr J.

• maxa
      maxa
      2009-09-08

Works like a charm!
      Thanks a lot
      I look forward to find this plugin as a standard feature in future releases of keepass!

cheers

max

• dijjon
    dijjon
    2009-09-17

For some reason when I auto-type an email address into IE7 with iexplore.exe setup for this plugin, the @r in the address launches the Windows Run command from the Start Menu.  Auto-type then types the rest of the email into the Run dialog and tries to launch it is a program.

• Paul
    Paul
    2009-09-17

That's because @ is the sendkeys command for "press the Windows key".

cheers, Paul

• Piotr
    Piotr
    2009-09-17

Didn't know that - Thanks Paul for the info.
    The typing program will not accept it any more and it will go via clipboard and ^v (in the tomorow's morning verison).
    Mayby any other keys to reject?

Cheers,
    Piotr J.

• Piotr
    Piotr
    2009-09-17

The newer (0.53) version types "123@rabc" without problem. (@ goes via clipboard) - will not work for typying to consols.

Cheers,
    Piotr J.

• dijjon
    dijjon
    2009-09-18

Thank you for the very quick update!  I tried out the new version today and discovered that it does auto-type correctly into Notepad.  However, when I tried the same test with IE7 it didn't work.  The typing paused when it got to the @ symbol, skipped the symbol and then continued to type the remainder of the address into the field.  The good news is that it didn't launch the Windows Run command.

• Piotr
    Piotr
    2009-09-18

You got me there - I haven't tested that in IE only in notepad.
    Now it's almost resolve - most of the time in IE @ is plased correctly (at least IE8). There are times that it end up being omited. Also javascripts might sometimes interfere. Until the next idea lets test this - downloadable under the same version no.)
    Personaly I have no problem with IE so normaly I do the native KP 2.x auto-type.

Cheers,
    Piotr J.

1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 1 of 4)