Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Repair Database with Backup file

2012-10-22
2012-11-20
  • Hi!

When I try to open my Database I get the reply "invalid/corrupted file structure" and the repair tool didn't help.
    I have a Backup-File of that Database. But in the meantime several (important) entries were added, which aren't backed up.

Question: can I repair the database file structure with the existing backup file and will I then be able to have access to all entries, also the new added ones???????

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Thanks!

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-22

If the repair doesn't work there isn't any other option.

What happened to corrupt the database? Did you shut down Windows before you had saved the database? Is the database on a network drive / FTP / webdav?

cheers, Paul

• I got that database on a USB Stick. After I closed all files (also the database) I just removed the stick from the computer without secure removal. After plugging it in again I couldnt open the database anymore (even if it was closed before removing the stick) and also four newly added files couldn't have been opened.

I think maybe it's not the database file itself which is corrupted but that partition of the USB drive. Can the database then be saved if I get the USB drive "repaired" or at least to read out the data from the chip?

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-26

The backup file will not help recover the corrupt file in your case. There is no way to know where the corruption occurred.
    You may be able to use one of the disk recovery tools to recover the files on the USB - search the web for disk recovery tools.

cheers, Paul