WebDav and GMX sync

ch.dillen
2013-06-15
2013-12-23
  • ch.dillen
    ch.dillen
    2013-06-15

Hello,

just new to KeePass and try to sync my Keypass2 files from windows over WebDav with my GMX media center.

https://webdav.mc.gmx.net/Android/Christof/keepass/test2-gmx.kdbx

In Media Center I can see the file there, but I'm getting an error (404).

Interestingly I can open the file via open url with the same path and user / password.

Any ideas what is causing the issue.

thx Christof

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-06-16

Sync requires write, rename and delete permission. Are these available to KeePass?

cheers, Paul

• hovwi
    hovwi
    2013-12-20

have same probelms ,
    keepass are uploading a .tmp file tiil uncompete the file.
    after uploading keepass checking the .tmp file and try to rename the file to origin file name( whatever.kdbx).
    this renameing-process are chrashing in web.de/gmx.net webdav conection.
    (read/write/rename rights , i think )
    web.de/gmx.net throw the file-floder and the .tmp file into online-trash-folder
    out fishing the .tmp file from the online trash folder and rename ist manualy in whatever.kdbx. that will work.
    keepass2 webdav process are not compatible to web.de/gmx.net ( my experience)

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-12-21

If renaming is causing the failure, try unchecking "Use file transactions for writing databases" in Tools>Options>Advanced(tab)>File Input/Output Connections(section). This feature was added as a default beginning with KeePass 2.09.

• hovwi
    hovwi
    2013-12-22

thx for answer.... i tested all combinations of settings in file input/output settings , also the same errors, whit out "use file transactions for writing " noting work .. seems like a essential setting ... i expect that web.de/gmx.net are not 100% webdav rules conform... or keepass is not 100% conform, or both :)

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-12-23

Perhaps you have a permissions issue. You must be able to create and delete files on via WebDav because KeePass will delete the old database and write a new one every time it saves.