url auto login

2013-07-22
2013-07-23
  • Is it possible to click on the URL and have it login automatically. If I use the title field
    I have three different login's. I thought that the URL would allow login. When I created the URL and did the {USERNAME}&pass{PASSWORD} it opens the URL put has the username and password in plain text in the address field. How do I get it to enter the username in the username field and the password in the password field?

Thanks

RAC

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-07-23

The URL field should typically contain a simple link to the webpage.

How do I get it to enter the username in the username field and the password in the password field?

Place your cursor in the webpage's username field, then execute an auto-type by pressing the global auto-type hot key (default: Ctrl-Alt-A).

In the default configuration, KeePass global auto-type works by checking whether the title of a KeePass entry matches a portion of the browser's window title (the text on webpage's browser tab). If a matching entry exists, KeePass will type that entry's auto-type sequence (i.e. login). The default sequence is {Usename}{TAB}{Password}{Enter}. Important: KeePass does not attempt to find a match with the URL in the browser's address bar.

Custom window title matching & auto-type sequences can be defined on each entry's auto-type tab.

If you prefer automatic form filling, you can install one of the third party form filling plugins available from the Integration & Transfer section of the KeePass plugin page