Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Suggestions for future release

2014-07-07
2014-07-15
  • volatileacid
    volatileacid
    2014-07-07

Just a couple of suggestions if possible:

1) Would be nice to have the option to have column configuration settings that could be applied to groups individually, as opposed to the entire system.

2) Having the ability to have a password copied to the paste buffer on firing up a certain application or specific associated file. i.e. I have 5 different excel spreadsheets, all password protected with different passwords - on firing up one of these spreadsheets, keepass would detect this and copy the password for that spreadsheet to the paste buffer ready for me to paste it into the password prompt.

Just my two cents - thanks.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-07

1. This would require a database format change as the settings would need to be stored in the database. I use the KPEnhancedEntryView plug-in as it shows all custom fields on the main screen.

2. This is what Global Auto-Type is for. It reads the window title and can type the correct password. If you have multiple spreadsheet entries KeePass will list them for you to select. http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

cheers, Paul

• volatileacid
    volatileacid
    2014-07-15

Thanks Paul for your response - was helpful.

Since Excel (version 2007+2010 that I have tested this on) do not display the name of the document you are opening until you have got past the password screen, the only screen that KeePass can really watch for is the actual password prompt entitled "Password". So for a spreadsheet where I have two password, one for read and the other modify, I had KeePass watch for the exact same "Password" window for both, and when firing up the doc, and being requested for the first password and hitting CTRL-ALT-A - keepass then prompts me as to which one to use as you rightly said - and I've got one labelled 'Read Only' and the other 'Read/Write', so it works a treat. Cheers.

Last edit: volatileacid 2014-07-15