KeePass1 and Neo

Alter Depp
2014-04-16
2014-04-23
  • Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-16

I want to use KeePass1 (because I want to syncronize on many platforms) with Neo2-Layout. But Auto-Type does only work, if I turn Neo off. Is there already a solution?

Stefan

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2014-04-16

My suggestion would be to use KeePass 2.x, which does support the Neo keyboard layout.

Synchronization is actually only supported by 2.x.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-16

I'm using owncloud for syncronization. My Platforms are Linux (KeePassX), Android (KeePassDroid) and Windows7 (KeePass). Do they all support 2.x Format? Only with mono?

Stefan

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-04-16

Try KeePass2Android.
    Linux requires KeePass V2 and mono.

cheers, Paul

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-17

It's not my favourite solution, because KeePass2Android is not available in f-droid and mono is a huge framework. But if there is no solution for keepass1 with neo2 on windows, I will think about it.

Stefan

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-22

Now I tried KeePass2 on my Windows machine at work (with NEO2). AutoType works better, but the {TAB} key does not do anything. I also tried {VKEY 9}, {VKEY-NX 9} and {VKEY-EX 9}.
    Any hints?

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-23

Thanks, but the mentioned threads did not solve the problem. Is it possible to send the keys {SHIFT}+{PAUSE}, to disable NEO2 before filling the data?

Stefan

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2014-04-23

I cannot reproduce the Tab problem. On all systems that I tested, Neo does not seem to manipulate the Tab key, and auto-type sends Tab perfectly fine.

You could try sending Shift+Pause first (using +{VKEY 19}), but I doubt this will change anything.

Most likely some other application is interfering with auto-type.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-23

+{VKEY 19} does not do anything, Neo is still active.
    I am using the 'Autohotkey' driver for Neo2, not the '​kbdneo' driver. Which one did you test?

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2014-04-23

I tested both Neo realizations.

On my system (Windows 7, latest Autohotkey version of Neo), +{VKEY 19} does toggle Neo on and off.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-23

I have Windows 7 64Bit and also latest Autohotkey version of Neo.
    Well, I just heared that I will get a new Computer today, so I hope, it will work there.

Stefan

• Alter Depp
    Alter Depp
    2014-04-23

On my new Windows 7 64Bit computer with only firefox, Neo2 (Autohotkey) and KeePass2 installed, neither {TAB} nor +{VKEY 19} works.