Can't Save to keepass on android

2014-05-28
2014-07-03
  • Hi, I was trying to clear space on my phone. Cleared out cache and some files. Now I can't save on the keepass app. I can still view my existing passwords. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the software once. Please help!

• Ken Berry
      Ken Berry
      2014-05-30

I'm having the same issue. Says I don't have permission to open a temp file.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-29

What happens when you try to save?
    Where are you saving to, local or cloud?

cheers, Paul

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-30

Same 2 questions for you Ken.

cheers, Paul

• which Android app are you talking about? Keepassdroid or Keepass2Android?

• Glenn
    Glenn
    2014-07-02

I'm having the same issue using Keepass2Android. My database is on the SD Card and I'm on 4.4.2. From what I understand, on this version an app can write to it's own folder, just not to others. So it shouldn't have a problem saving but I get a "access to the path is denied"

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-07-03

You may get a faster response to your question at the KeePass2Android forum at https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/discussions, though the developer of KeePass2Android, Philipp Crocoll, has been known to monitor this KeePass forum :-)

• sounds like the new Android 4.4 behavior: Apps can no longer write on most folders on the SD card. You have to move the .kdbx file to internal storage to get write access on it.

P.S. wellread1 is correct, the KP2A forum is the better place for questions on that app :-)

• Glenn
    Glenn
    2014-07-03

For certain reasons, the file needs to be on the SD card. Do I need to make a specific folder to make it work? Oh, and going forward I'll use your own forum Philipp. Thanks for the coding!