Keepass 2.24 detected as screen logger

2013-11-06
2013-11-06
  • Sean Marion
    Sean Marion
    2013-11-06

Online armor detected Keepass 2.24 as a screen logger. I blocked it. Now I get a fatal error message saying that "The type initailizer for Gdip threw an exception".

Is keepass a screen logger now? Even when I tried to move the window around it wouldn't work for me at first and then I could move it. I tried to move the window around so I could see if Initailizer was spelled properly.

• Sean Marion
    Sean Marion
    2013-11-06

Here is a picture if it was loaded. I couldn't upload a picture at first because I didn't have the option and now I do. I don't know if the picture was uploaded.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-11-06

KeePass has always been a screen logger, it needs the window title of the in-focus application to perform the Auto-Type matching.

cheers, Paul

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-11-06

There are multiple more locations where KeePass accesses data of other windows and the screen in general. For example, in order to display the icons in the 'Edit Auto-Type Item' dialog, KeePass requests the icons from all other windows. When the secure desktop option is enabled, KeePass makes a screenshot (in memory) in order to darken and display it as background on the secure desktop. And so on.

Best regards,
    Dominik