Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

System Crash

jake7363
2014-05-02
2014-05-03
  • jake7363
    jake7363
    2014-05-02

Hello,
    Just recently, I began having system crashes each time I tried to open Keypass (I think v2.24, but unable to verify). I am using Windows 7 Pro. After uninstalling and reinstalling, I still get the "Blue Screen" and a forced restart. I am at a loss and could use some input.

Thanks,
    Jake

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-02

You can check the version by hovering over KeePass.exe.

Try copying KeePass.exe to a temporary location and opening it from there.
    Have you updated Windows recently? It could be a .NET update that went awry. If so try repairing the .NET installation.
    Run a memory checker, as hardware problems, specifically memory, are known to blue screen Windows.

cheers, Paul

• jake7363
    jake7363
    2014-05-02

Paul,
    The version is 2.24.0.0. Actually, I'm overdue for my Windows Update, so that answer is "no." I ran a memory check and it showed no issues.

I will follow up on the .Net installation & copying the *.exe file; will post results after done.

Jake

• jake7363
    jake7363
    2014-05-03

Neither option had any success.

Jake

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-05-03

KeePass will run in Windows Safe Mode. If it doesn't run on your computer there is probably something wrong with the Windows Installation or the base drivers. If it does, then you should be able to use msconfig.exe to find the incompatible program or service.