[Feature request] More space for notes

stoneels
2012-10-12
2012-11-20
  • stoneels
    stoneels
    2012-10-12

Hi, I think keepass is really fantastic.

However there is one feature which is preventing me from migrating to it properly.
    I use my current password program to store all kinds of information including various notes and information as well as just passwords and the 'Edit Entry' popup box size is fixed so that the space for visible notes is very restricted and stops easy viewing of more elaborate notes.

I know this may not be a primary function for all users, but I guess that some kind of feature to make it more useable to read the notes section would be very useful for many.

The ability to resize the Edit Entry popup window would solve this issue I think (or even maximise it). I am no programmer, but it strikes me that this could be quite a simple addition/fix.

Is there any reason why this is not currently part of the functionality?

Of course there might be other/better solutions to the same problem, such as a button to open a new window to show the notes section in a larger popup window of its own. However, as I am not a programmer I can only make suggestions without knowing what would work best.

Thanks for any response as I believe this would really help the program.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-12

Notes are for "notes". If you have lots of information you can attach files and use the internal viewer/editor to see/modify the information.

cheers, Paul

• Bob Sanford
    Bob Sanford
    2012-11-10

I agree with this feature request.  With every entry I have in keepass I have alot of notes detailing data I log for that site. Sure we could use attachments but all be are asking for is the fastest method by means of the least number of clicks to edit, save and view plain ASCII text longer and wider than the tiny notes box.  Now being able to edit the notes pane with simple edit and save buttons above would be awesome!

• Bob Sanford
    Bob Sanford
    2012-11-10

or feed the notes field into the text attachment editor. Somthing to thing about perhaps.
    Keep up the excellent work.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-10

The Notes field doesn't really have a limit and will scroll to show all data.

cheers, Paul

• Hi,

In case some of the "various notes and information" are form data that don't fit the default "Edit post" dialogue format (e.g. credit cards, social security data, banking information, etc.), the plug-in KPEntryTemplates gives you the option of creating custom forms for such data.

For any lengthy information crucial to the post, I find the attachment function to suffice.

Cheers,

Mikael

• Matthew Pearce
    Matthew Pearce
    2012-11-12

I think one problem with KPEntryTemplates is that it is not yet 2.18 compatible?

I don't think I could become dependent on a plugin that determined whether or not I could upgrade KeePass ,,,

• I use KPEntryTemplates in 2.20.1, without any problems at all.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-12

KeePass has additional fields and templates without the need for a plug-in. That plug-in just makes the screen look nicer and ads some management to the underlying data.

cheers, Paul