Date suggestion

2005-03-30
2012-11-20
  • Michael Scheer
    Michael Scheer
    2005-03-30

Now that the date filed becomes more and more important (auto showing of expiring dates etc...) I recommend again to implement this:

At creating a new entry, the expiration date is automatically set to [today + n days (with n = globally definable)]

• Dominik Reichl
      Dominik Reichl
      2005-03-30

As most passwords don't expire, this would get annoying very soon, don't you think so?

• [I'm user squeller + not logged in]

I absolutely disagree! It's best & recommended practise to change internet passwords regularly. I mean with a good password manager like keepass we have the possibility to regularly do this, because we do not need to have passwords in brain.

The problem these days is, that I have to manually set an expiry date. It turned out to be always end of months dates, i.e. I've set loads to 31.12.2004 and I had quite some work to change them all the same day...

I would heartly recommend if there was an option with a checkbox in the global preferences:

[ ] Default password expiry after [n] days.

Keepass' default should be that passwords do not expire.

• Michael Scheer
      Michael Scheer
      2005-04-03

What does anyone think? Uninteresting?

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-04-03

I like the idea of allowing you to set an auto-expiry date if you want. The default should be no date.

cheers, Paul

• I'd use that. Good idea!!!