Auto-Type on double-click

2012-09-24
2012-11-20
  • MikeFromSweden
    MikeFromSweden
    2012-09-24

Hi,
    I have been a Password Safe user for very long, and I ended up with some problems that KeePass solved for me.
    Unfortunately, there is one thing im missing in KeePass; be able to choose the key or mouse combination to use for Auto-Type.

I am used to double click for Auto-Typing and I think that is more faster than using CTRL+V.

Anyone who managed to solve this or maby it can be included in coming versins of KeePass?

Regards,
    Mike

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-09-24

Use the Global Auto-Type hot keys, LCtrl Alt A. Then you don't need to open KeePass at all, you just need to have it running in the background.

cheers, Paul

• MikeFromSweden
    MikeFromSweden
    2012-09-25

Well, if I understand it correctly, Global Auto-Type hot keys use the window title in order to know which entry to perform Auto-Type on.

This would have been great if I used the mctsc.exe (Remote Desktop Connection) to connect to my servers.
    I use mRemote to connect to my servers through RDP/VNC/SSH, and the window title is static. I am working in a multi-domain environment, so I dont always use the same accountname for all servers.

So, is there another way around this problem? :)

Regards,
    Mike

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-09-25

Set all KeePass entries for your servers to use the same target window, then KeePass will pop up a list for you to select the required credentials.

cheers, Paul

• MikeFromSweden
    MikeFromSweden
    2012-09-26

You just made my day!

Cheers mate!

• Jose
    Jose
    2012-10-11

Wouldn't it be possible to have a right click option for the auto-type function?
    That way one could do it all with the mouse.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-12

Already possible.
    Bring KeePass to the front, right click on the required entry and select "Perform Auto-Type".

cheers, Paul

• Jose
    Jose
    2012-10-12

Thanks Paul.
    What about right clicking directly on the login page? A context menu option.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-12

KeePass does not inject anything into other programs so it cannot offer right click options. The only option without bringing KeePass up manually id to use Global Auto-Type.

cheers, Paul

• Jose
    Jose
    2012-10-12

Thanks again Paul, that was clear.