Menu

SimplePluginCpp is incompatible

2012-04-20
2012-11-20
  • Jeff Doozan

Jeff Doozan - 2012-04-20

I'm get the following error when running KeePass 2.17 with the pre-compiled SimplePluginCpp dll:

"The following plugin is incompatible with the current KeePass version"

For fun, I tried the plugin with 2.18, but it still gives the same error.

Any thoughts?

I'm just getting started with KP plugin development, and I'd like to be able to run the pre-compiled example plugin so I can compare it with the version that I compiled with VS C++ 2010 which isn't recognized by KP at all.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2012-04-21

I'd highly recommend using C# instead of C++ for plugin development.

Independent of the language, make sure you've set the product name in the version information block to "KeePass Plugin", as mentioned on the plugin development page.

If you really want to use C++, here a few hints. You'll need to build separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions of your plugin. Build separate versions for each .NET framework (otherwise e.g. when KeePass runs using .NET 4.0 and your plugin is targeting 2.0, it'll fail with a mixed mode error). Probably more things are to be done; I didn't try this further. In order to get a detailed error message why loading fails, run KeePass with the -debug command line option.

With C#, none of the above build and link problems occur. You just create one build of the plugin and it just works.

Best regards
    Dominik