Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

A problem with icons of selected entries

Rico
2013-01-15
2013-02-04
  • Rico
    Rico
    2013-01-15

Hi guys!

KeePass v 2.20.1 has an option to set icons of multiple selected entries via the context menu. I've noticed an interesting issue: when the first (when sorted) entry of the selected array of entries already has a custom icon (e.g. a star that is number 61) and others have some other icons, selecting "Selected Entries — Set Icons..." presets icon 61 to the whole array of selected entries. You see the preselection not immediately due to the horizontal scrollbar. And there is no "Cancel" button in the "Icon Picker" window, so one can get all his selected entries with the same icon...

I don't know for sure if this is worth reporting as a bug, so I just would like to ask — is this a normal behaviour?

Best regards
    Rico

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-01-16

I agree that there are two issues that you have described. Since these are usability issues, and each would mostly likely require a separate fix, separate feature requests to address each would seem appropriate.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-01-16

Good ideas, thanks! KeePass 2.21 will ensure that the preselected icon is visible when opening the icon picker dialog. Furthermore, I've replaced the 'Close' button by 'OK'/'Cancel' buttons.

Here's the latest development snapshot for testing:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_130116b.zip

Best regards
    Dominik

• Rico
    Rico
    2013-02-04

Hi guys!

Setting icons of multiple selected entries in KeePass v 2.21 works great now. But I've noticed that the database in being marked as modified when "Cancel" button in the "Icon Picker" window is pressed. Maybe it's not an issue, but KeePass asks about saving the database on exit although it wasn't modified...

Best regards
    Rico

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-02-04

Good idea; I've added a check for this special situation now. KeePass 2.22 won't mark the database as modified anymore when cancelling the icon picker dialog without editing custom icons.

Here's the latest development snapshot for testing:
    http://keepass.info/filepool/KeePass_130204.zip

Thanks and best regards,
    Dominik