[APP] Extracting data stuck in eWallet

Alex
2010-12-23
2015-10-25
<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)
  • Albert
    Albert
    2012-07-02

Hello again. Following up on Paul's advice.

This is how it worked for me:
    - I copied the 2.18 exe
    - I copied the KeePass.exe.config from 2.18
    - I removed the line <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" /> from the config file

Thank you for this great tool, I really feel 'liberated'.
    Albert

• Alex
    Alex
    2012-07-02

Hi, I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.

A couple of people have reported this thing where it doesn't work unless you remove <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />, but I can't figure out why. Running 2.19 with that line present in the .config file works just fine for me, and I've checked using the debugger that it is running on .net runtime version 4 correctly. The error message KeePass shows doesn't give any clues either, so I don't really have anything to work with here.

Alex

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-07-02

Great, thanks for the update! It's now also available from the KeePass plugins page.

• csowers
    csowers
    2012-07-06

Thank you so much Alex, Paul, and Albert!!!!!

Following the advice I recieved on here, I was able to get my data out of the clutches of ewallet and into KeePass!! I am oficially "liberated!"

Chuck

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-09-27

Now also available from the plugins page, thanks!

• Sven
    Sven
    2013-01-03

Thanks! It's a great tool. But it's not working 100% as expected - maybe a problem concerning the versions I'm using:

Windows 7, Keepass 2.20.1, eWallet 7.4.1.32515

The export from eWallet as "liberated"-XML was fine and the import is working as well but UserName and Password are imported as "String Fields" in the "Advanced tab". I tried some modifications (renaming/relabeling) in the XML-File but...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-01-03

Can you post a sample of the XML from EW and we'll suggest changes to make it "behave".

cheers, Paul

• PeterP
    PeterP
    2013-03-03

In Sept 2012 I used eWallet Data Liberator 0.8 to transfer data from eWallet 7.4.1.32515 to KeePass 2.21. I have only just noticed (mea culpa!) that many date fields have not transferred correctly. For example a date entered in eWallet as 1/4/2012 (dd/mm/yyyy in a date field using the drop down calendar) is shown in the XML export file as 30216090:1637007360.
    The XML is: \<Field label="Purchase Date" kind="Date">30216090:1637007360\</Field>

(The backslashes are my attempt at escaping the XML)
    Of course I've made many updates to the KeePass file now so I'd like to find a way to convert these numeric values (xxx:xxxx) to readable dates.
    Do you know how I could calculate the date?

Thanks

Last edit: PeterP 2013-03-03
  • Paul
    Paul
    2013-03-03

I suspect that is the raw data from eWallet. You may need to ask them what format they use.

cheers, Paul

• PeterP
    PeterP
    2013-03-04

Thanks Paul. I'll ask Ilium and if I find out anything useful I'll post back here.

• PeterP
    PeterP
    2013-03-06

I asked Ilium and got a very noce reply from Amanda there. But without knowing how Liberator extracts the data she's not sure what the problem might be. She has suggested changing the type of the date field (to text for example) to see what changes. I'll give it a try. She also indicated that eWallet ONLY supports DD/MM/YYYY. I presume she means it is hardcoded and does not use Windows regional date settings.
    Could Liberator assume MM/DD/YYYY?

If you have (or could point me to) info about Liberator's extraction mechanism then maybe we can move forward.

Thanks
    Peter

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-03-06

My reading of the code in the extractor seems to indicate that it reads raw data, so what you are seeing is what is in eWallet. I can't see how that sequence fits with DD/MM/YYYY.

cheers, Paul

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-03-25

Oops, sorry, my fault! Also, apologies for not replying sooner, but my subscription to this thread seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, I've attached a utility to convert your dates for you, and will have shortly upload an update to eWallet Data Liberator so that it doesn't produce them to start with.

Alex

Attachments
  • Alex
    Alex
    2013-03-26

As promised, here's version 0.9 of eWallet Data Liberator: http://rapidshare.com/files/704541010/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

As well as fixing the date issue Peter reported, this one also introduces support for multiple versions of eWallet. I've tested it with versions of eWallet 7.1 through to 7.4.2, and it will even make an attempt at compatibility with future versions too. Of course compatibility with future versions will rather depend on how much eWallet has changed, but theoretically at least it should remain compatible with minor revisions and updates.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-03-26

I cannot download the file; it says 'Download permission denied by uploader.'.

• Alex
      Alex
      2013-03-26

Argh, RapidShare have changed default permissions of new files to private. How is that useful? I wouldn't have uploaded it if I didn't want anyone to be able to download it! Sigh.

Anyway I think I've fixed it now, please try again.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-03-26

Great, thanks! I've now also published it on the plugins page.

• Uli Reinertz
    Uli Reinertz
    2013-04-07

Hello,
    when I try to start Dataliberator 0.9 it stops working and I get the following message:
    Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Application Name: eWalletDataLiberator.exe
    Application Version: 0.8.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5150a367
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
    Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83c8a
    Exception Code: e0434f4d
    Exception Offset: 0000c41f
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

My OS is Windows 7 64Bit, I use ewallet V 7.4.2.32784

What can I do?

• vedochiaro
    vedochiaro
    2013-04-08

I failed extracting eWallet data: I got an error message, stating that an unhandled exception had occurred (read/write from protected memory). I'm attaching the log file.
    Thank you for you efforts.

• FBS
    FBS
    2013-04-09

Hi there,
    Let me start by thanking Alex for all the work he puts into it.
    Unfortunately, I have the same: start the program and it traps.
    In KP the plugin seems to be accepted alright.
    Hope you can find a solution Alex. Thanks,
    FBS

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-04-13

Looking at your log, it appears you have version 0.8 of eWallet Data Liberator, and not 0.9. I think something must have gone wrong with the release system or publishing somewhere; I've tried re-publishing the zip file: http://rapidshare.com/files/3623942210/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

Please could you try that one? You can check if it's the right version by right-clicking on eWalletDataLiberator.exe and choosing properties, then in the Details it should have 0.9.0.0 for the file version and product version entries.

Sorry about that,

Alex

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-04-13

Thanks; now also available from the plugins page.

• vedochiaro
    vedochiaro
    2013-04-13

Thanks for the reply. I tried, but I got the same error message. Version is now 0.9. Never mind, though. I was successful exporting eWallet data using another password manager as text file. For some reasons I can't figure out, the import into KeePass was 90% OK.
    Thank you anyway.

• Alex
      Alex
      2013-04-13

Hmm. That's odd I've tested with 7.4.1.32515 here and it has worked fine. Perhaps it's something to do with the Italian locale...

Anyway, as you say you've already had success elsewhere, I guess you don't want to investigate further.

FBS: if you are still receiving the error with 0.9, please let me know.

• Uli Reinertz
    Uli Reinertz
    2013-04-14

Hi Alex,

thank you very much for your efforts. That was the solution for me! The correct version of ewalletDataLiberator.exe 0.9 now works faultlessly together with ewallet 7.4.2.32784

I'm happy again! It's great to have this plugin, because I need it so badly to convert ewallet-files from pc to my nokia 701 because there is no ewallet-version for symbian.

Thanks a lot!

• Remusaber
    Remusaber
    2013-04-16

Hi Alex,

I attempted to using ewalletdataliberator 0.9 to extract wallet data from my old ewallet 7.2.0.30586 under windows 7 pro SP1 but have the attached errors.

Greatly appreciate if you can comment and help.

Thanks in advance!!

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-04-16

Hmm, OK, I think I know what might be causing this. Please give v0.10 a try, and see if it resolves the issue for you:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2951672955/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

Thanks for reporting it,

Alex

• Remusaber
    Remusaber
    2013-04-17

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick response. Using the v0.10, the error occured in v0.9 gone and I can import the exported XML file into Keepass v.2.22.

Thanks again for your great effort!!

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-04-17

v0.10 is now also available from the plugins page (note the plugins dialog in KeePass still shows 0.9 instead of 0.10, because the DLL version is 0.9).

• Alex
      Alex
      2013-04-18

Argh, could've sworn I updated the version number. Must have done it only for the extractor .exe and not the plugin .dll. I've updated that here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3855632712/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

It's identical to the one you already made available, just with the version number on the plugin .dll bumped to match. Or you can just leave it as is and hopefully next time it needs to be updated for any reason I'll get it right and update both version numbers!

Alex

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-04-18

Wonderful, thanks :-) The new 0.10 is now also available from the plugins page.

• Tony
    Tony
    2013-06-05

Great initiative - exactly what I have been waiting for!

I'm having problems with 0.10 and eWallet 7.4.2.32784 on a Windows 7 64-bit system. When I run the exe file to launch eWallet, eWallet throws an unhandled exception error - object reference not set to an instance of an object. Please see attached.
    thanks

Attachments
    • Alex
      Alex
      2013-06-05

Hi, please could you give me a bit more detail on this. When you run the .exe file, before you see the exception, does the eWallet main window appear? Does a message box telling you to open your wallet file appear? Or any other message box?

Did you open your wallet file before it crashed?

Alex

• Tony
    Tony
    2013-06-06

Hi Alex, yes to your questions:

1. run the exe file
    2. eWallet opens, overlaid by data liberator dialog saying go to eWallet, open the wallet...
    3. click on OK & I get the .Net framework exception error
    4. Click on continue or quit - eWallet shuts down

I've also tried it on another PC with same results:
    Win 7 64-bit
    eWallet at lower version 7.4.1.32515

Also, in case it is relevant, in both cases the eWallet data file is sitting in a dropbox folder. When I get a chance I'll test it to see if moving the data file to regular folder fixes the problem.

Last edit: Tony 2013-06-06
  • Alex
    Alex
    2013-06-06

Thanks for the details. From that, I suspect that you do not have a wallet file open when you click OK on the message box. Please open the wallet file first, then click OK. I know that's a bit weird, that normally you don't do anything while a message box is open, but it's hard to detect automatically when the wallet is ready for extraction, which is why I rely on this mechanism of asking you to click OK when it is.

Here's an updated version (0.11) that I've tweaked to give an informative message box rather than crash under those circumstances:

http://rapidshare.com/files/231203870/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

Alex

• Tony
      Tony
      2013-06-07

I've just realised something:
      When I ran the liberator exe file and its associated dialog box pops open, the eWallet welcome dialog is launched - that is, it is prompting me for a password as if I was running eWallet for the first time. See attached screen grab. So this time I moved the liberator dialog box to one side (!!!) followed through with eWallet and let it create a new dummy file with a dummy password.

I then opened up my regular eWallet file and clicked OK on the liberator dialog box and the XML export worked.

I then tried Liberator again. This time, eWallet ran fine, and prompted me for my usual password.

So, I assume that when Liberator is instantiating eWallet, something somewhere is looking for a wallet file in the default location - e.g. c:\users\<name>\Documents\ and if it can't find anything, it runs the new instance dialog. At least that's what happened for me.

And as you say, I was so focused on what the dialog box was saying that I assumed it was modal, and that clicking on OK would make eWallet do its thing, not realising that the two are working in parallel. I suggest maybe in the dialog box you put more descriptive text for dumbasses such as me to say something like:

1) Don't click on anything yet!
      2) Go to eWallet open the wallet or template you wish to extract the data from (including entering the password)
      3) Come back here and click OK

Last edit: Tony 2013-06-07
      Attachments
      • Alex
        Alex
        2013-06-07

Hmm... I'm a bit puzzled as to why eWallet would be showing you the first-run dialog like that. Unless you normally run eWallet as Elevated/Administrator, or otherwise as a different user? eWallet Data Liberator doesn't attempt to automatically look for a wallet file or have any default locations, it just launches eWallet and lets it do whatever it likes.

I appreciate the message boxes aren't the nicest possible UI - it's a tough balance between making sure they are seen, but also trying to avoid them getting in the way of letting you use eWallet enough to open your wallet file. For v0.11 I think I improved things a bit by having it show another message box telling you that you haven't opened your wallet yet and to please do that now before clicking OK again. Better than crashing, anyway.

Thanks for your detailed feedback,

Alex

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-06-08

Thanks; 0.11 is now also available from the plugins page.

• Tony
    Tony
    2013-09-01

Hi Alex
    I tried to run version 0.11 today and am getting a stopped working error under Windows 7 64-bit. The problem signature says System.BadImageFormatException
    I noticed there were three .Net updates on August 30 - KB2836942, KB2836943 & KB2836939...could these be the culprit?
    eWallet version is 7.5.1.33537

Also tried v0.11 under XP and no problems there, but it's against an older version of eWallet and .Net

thanks
    Tony

Last edit: Tony 2013-09-01
  • MichaelV
    MichaelV
    2013-09-02

Hi,
    had the same problem as Tony. However 10 minutes earlier, v0.10 worked against eWallet 7.4.1.x, so I figure that the .net-updates are not the problem. Maybe there is a change again in eWallet 7.5.

Thanks
    Michael

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-09-07

Hi, sorry for the delay replying.

I've had a look at this, and for eWallet 7.5 they've moved to .net 4, which is why it can't be loaded by eWallet Data Liberator any more.

I've done an update to v0.12 which should work with both .net 4 and .net 3.5, so theoretically continues to work with all v7 eWallet releases, including 7.5:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3524104604/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

Alex

• Tony
      Tony
      2013-09-07

Great job Alex, works like a charm now. Much appreciated!

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2013-09-08

Great, thanks; 0.12 is also available from the KeePass plugins page now.

• Simone
    Simone
    2013-09-15

Hi, since last update of the eWallet Android app rendered the app useless with continuous crash I'm trying to get away from it but have hundreds of cards to migrate and, of course, eWallet doesn't help to do that with those shitty txts.
    I tryed the 0.12 version of the plugin but we the latest eWallet 7.4.1.32515 it generates an empty xml after throwing the following error :

L'applicazione non supporta il debug JIT.
    Ulteriori informazioni sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

** Testo dell'eccezione **
    DBWalletDotNet.ErrnoException: ENOENT Standard C errno error in swprintf_s().
    in DBWalletDotNet.Card.DateFromFieldValue(String value)
    in eWalletDataLiberator.Program.<CreateXFields>d__5.MoveNext()
    in System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.AddContentSkipNotify(Object content)
    in eWalletDataLiberator.Program.WaitForEWallet()
    in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

** Assembly caricati **
    mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 4.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.2012 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

eWalletDataLiberator
    Versione assembly: 0.12.0.0
    Versione Win32: 0.12.0.0
    Base di codice: file:///D:/Download/eWalletDataLiberator-0.12/eWalletDataLiberator.exe

System.Windows.Forms
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.2003 built by: RTMLDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

eWallet
    Versione assembly: 7.4.1.32515
    Versione Win32: 7.4.1.32515
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/eWallet.exe

DevComponents.DotNetBar2
    Versione assembly: 10.0.0.9
    Versione Win32: 10.0.0.9
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dll

System.Core
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

DBWallet
    Versione Win32: 7,4,1,32515
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/DBWallet.dll

msvcm90
    Versione assembly: 9.0.30729.6161
    Versione Win32: 9.00.30729.6161
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57/msvcm90.dll

Sync
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/Sync.dll

System.Xml.Linq
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Xml
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.2013 built by: RTMLDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

WltSQLiteConverter
    Versione Win32: 7.4.1.32515
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/WltSQLiteConverter.dll

System.Data.SQLite
    Versione assembly: 1.0.76.0
    Versione Win32: 1.0.76.0
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/System.Data.SQLite.dll

mscorlib.resources
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Data
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.468 (RTMLDR.030319-4600)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Transactions
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll

Accessibility
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

System.Configuration
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.2013 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

PasswordGenerator
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Ilium%20Software/eWallet/PasswordGenerator.dll

l1l0pmoj
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

** Debug JIT **
    L'applicazione non supporta il debug JIT
    di Windows Form. Per ulteriori informazioni, contattare l'autore
    dell'applicazione.

is it possible to fix? I would rather avoid to migrate hundreds of items manually

• Alex
    Alex
    2013-09-15

Hi Simone,

There's a couple of things to try. First, as you are using eWallet 7.4 not 7.5, you can try the older version of eWallet Data Liberator, 0.11: http://rapidshare.com/files/231203870/eWalletDataLiberator.zip

If installing it over 0.12, please also delete eWalletDataLiberator.exe.config which is only for 0.12, not 0.11.

This will make it use .net 3.5 instead of .net 4.0 (so it matches what eWallet 7.4 normally runs under). I doubt this is the problem, as I've tested eWallet 7.4 with the latest version 0.12 under .net 4.0, but it's worth a try just to be sure.

Secondly, the crash is occurring inside eWallet when the value of a date field is being requested. It's possible that there is some unexpected or unusual date value on one of your cards, I don't suppose you'd have any idea of a value or card that might be the problem?

To investigate this line further, you could try creating a new wallet with just one card in it, populated with at least one Date field, then try using eWallet Data Liberator on that.

If all else fails, I can add code to ignore the error and continue to export the rest of the data, but you would lose the date field(s) in question - this would only be a last resort, though, I'd much rather figure out what's going wrong and get a proper solution.

Alex

• Simone
    Simone
    2013-09-17

Hey thanks for the help, succesfully migrated all cards, here what I did :

used the version you recommended to carry out the operation, a newly created eWallet file would export without errors so I copied my wallet file several times leaving in each file only one category to figure out which one had elements giving it troubles.

Comes out its not an issue of the exporter but an issue of the eWallet desktop program itself that corrupted some cards and is not capable to view them and therfore crashes,
    just sad to have wasted money on it (yes, i paid both desktop and android app as thinking to get better support and reliability and god i was wrong), thanks :)

Last edit: Simone 2013-09-17
    • Alex
      Alex
      2013-09-18

Great, glad to hear you got it working in the end! Thanks for letting me know.

I hope you find KeePass to be a less crashy experience :-)

• Hi,

I'm using "note" cards in eWallet. They do not contain any specific field, just plain text, in "notepad" mode. They are correctly imported, but into in an additional field called "note" in Advanced tab. This requires 3 clicks just to read content, and the window is ridiculously small.

Would it be possible to import in the "notes" field, from the main tab ?

Thank you in advance, and congratulations for your nice tool.*

Kind regards

Last edit: Toussaint OTTAVI 2014-01-21
  • Alex
    Alex
    2014-01-21

That sounds like a good special-case. I've made Note cards behave in that way for v0.13, which can be downloaded here: http://rapidshare.com/share/C0B0F47FCF212C637C709AC530ED3960

(I hope - RapidShare seems to have made some big changes since I last used them, so I'm not 100% sure it will work)

Also, I made it a plgx now for hopefully better KeePass versions compatibility.

Alex

<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)