Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Publish KeePass plugin and altered code

2012-03-22
2012-11-20
  • keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-03-22

Hi,
    We have come up with a plugin which will help the users to launch and login any app (desktop or web). There's also a plugin which helps us to launch and login multiple apps. We are also trying to go for an enhancement which will help in minimising the occurrence of the pop up window coming up by checking the URL of any website or the location of any desktop app. So can someone please help us in publishing these things for everyone else to use?

Thanks in advance.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-03-22

If you've created a small website for your plugin, just let me know its URL and I'll add it to the KeePass plugins page.

Best regards
    Dominik

• keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-03-23

Hi,
    I am afraid not. Do you want us to do so? Or we can also send you the plug-ins and code base to a mail ID if you prefer it that way.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-03-23

I'd recommend creating an own small website for the plugin (e.g. at SourceForge, GitHub, etc.). This would have various advantages; e.g. you can then more easily update your plugin at any time you wish.

If you don't want to do this, you could also send me the plugin files by e-mail and I'll host them on the KeePass website. Note that I can't provide download statistics for files hosted on the KeePass website though.

Best regards
    Dominik

• keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-03-23

Hi Dominik,
    Will create something in Sourceforge then. Just a small advice needed from you. There are two options in Sourceforge. One says publish and the other says Create. Which one to use? Apologies for the silly question :-).

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-03-23

I don't know where you found 'Publish', but 'Create' sounds more correct :-)

• keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-03-26

Hi Dominik,
    Just a couple of more questions. What about the licensing and copyright bit? We want this to be available to anyone willing to use KeePass free of cost.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-03-26

I'd suggest using the GNU General Public License v2 or higher.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-03-29

Files that you've written are of course copyrighted by you (or your company). Code that I've written is copyrighted by me. Simple :-)

On 'Enhanced KeePass'. My statements about creating a project/website were only meant for plugins. If you want to add or change something in the core KeePass code (which can't be realized using a plugin), I'd recommend proposing your additions/changes in the KeePass 'Patches' tracker or sending them by e-mail to me. I'll evaluate your proposal and integrate the additions/changes, if I like them.

I'm not going to support a fork like 'Enhanced KeePass'. Such a fork just creates confusion, incompatibilities, etc. My suggestion would be to delete this.

If you really want to continue this fork, please rename it to something else. I'd like to reserve the name "KeePass" (without any prefix or suffix) for my own KeePass-related projects.

On the two plugins. I'll happily list these on the KeePass plugins page, if you make them compatible with KeePass instead of your fork.

I didn't find any source code of the files you published. The source code must be available.

Best regards
    Dominik

• keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-04-24

Thanks a lot Dominik for your time. Apologies for the delay in replying. Yeah I am trying to upload the code ASAP but facing some silly problem with SVN. But before that, I'll try to make it compatible with your version of KeePass instead of our own 'forked' version.

• keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-06-15

Hello Dominik,
    I have uploaded the source code in the link below:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass2141/files/Source%20Code/

The following are the code changes that we have made to the original 2.14 source code.

1. Keepass-> Util ->Autotype.cs
    Added new function – URLMatch()
    Added code to this function – PerformGlobal()

2. KeepassLib -> PwGroup.cs
    Added two new functions – TraverseTreeCF() , PreOrderTraverseTreeCF()

3. KeepassLib -> Delegates -> Handlers.cs
    Added new delegate - EntryHandlerForURLMatch

Password for the compressed file: password

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-06-15

I also have received your two e-mails, just didn't have time to review the code yet. I'll do as soon as possible (maybe even this weekend already).

• keepassjunkie
    keepassjunkie
    2012-06-15

That's brilliant Dominik. Thanks a lot :).