2.25 Question

2014-02-03
2014-02-04
  • Andrew Palmer
    Andrew Palmer
    2014-02-03

With the improved engine can I get away with not having to use the RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO plugin now to send passwords to my MS RDP client (MSTSC) window?

I'm not at my work computer where I typically use this every few minutes to test it myself. This application saves me hours being that my servers prompt for UAC authentication every time you open something.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-02-04

The new engine works in virtual machine windows so it may be good for RDP. You can test it by using the portable version of KeePass from a temporary directory.

cheers, Paul

• Andrew Palmer
    Andrew Palmer
    2014-02-04

Thanks Paul.
    Works great it seems! One less plugin I need now. As expected you need to turn off
    Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation.

• Andrew Palmer
    Andrew Palmer
    2014-02-04

Just coming back to this. I can use the global Auto-Type shortcut when I have a full screen RDP window. This works because i have the Local Resources > Keybaord > Apply Windows key combinations > "On this computer" configured. However when I go to keypass and tell it to Perform Auto-Type it doesn't seem to work. If I drag my RDP connection down so it's in a Windowed mode and not full screen it works fine. "Two-channel auto-type obfuscation" is turned off for this entry in my database.
    Ideas?

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-02-04

KeePass may have trouble returning the focus to the full screen window - it's an RDP thing. Try adding a few seconds delay.

cheers, Paul