Global autotype doesn't function

2013-09-16
2013-09-19
  • Samuel Yung
    Samuel Yung
    2013-09-16

Hi Paul,

In my keepass setup, it seems global autotype (I re-mapped to Ctrl-Alt-K) doesn't work, only select entry -> perform autotype works. My setup is Windows 8, KeePass 2.23, RDCAutotypeAndTCATO 0.6.2.0. I also installed WebAutoType plugin, will it matters?

Btw, I go though all the documentation in keepass website, including the autotype help page (http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html), so I know what I'm doing... :)

Regards,
    Samuel

• Samuel Yung
    Samuel Yung
    2013-09-16

username[tab]password[newline]

Actually global autotype always works in all my passwords, on all webpages... only the one which needs to go though remote desktop doesn't work. Only "perform autotype" works as expected. Of course I don't use full screen mode in the remote desktop sessions.

Regards,
    Samuel

Last edit: Samuel Yung 2013-09-16
  • Paul
    Paul
    2013-09-17

Remote Desktop is a known problem. You need to run it windowed and use the RDCAutotypeAndTCATO plug-in you already have.

cheers, Paul

• Samuel Yung
    Samuel Yung
    2013-09-17

Paul,

So you mean I cannot use global autotype through even windowed remote desktop sessions?

Regards,
    Samuel

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-09-18

You can, via the plug-in. (Unless the latest RDP incarnation blocks even better than the old.)

cheers, Paul

• Samuel Yung
    Samuel Yung
    2013-09-19

The problem is that I cannot... I cannot use global autotype through a windowed remote desktop, and I have installed this plugin. Which is why I make this post in the first place.

Regards,
    Samuel

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-09-19

You can use Auto-Type to login to the remote session, but probably not to interact with programs in the remote session.

cheers, Paul