Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
1. Start minimized ( but don't locked )
Because of this:
most times after we have built the database and have set the autotype, we don't need the mainwindow, but if it's locked, we can't use the Autotype directly, so how about this?
2. Automatically exit program after the following number of seconds:
Because of this:
It's similar to the auto locked feature. But you know, unlock the program is not more efficient than start it use a hotkey program. And Exit is more secure than locked.
So you're telling me that starting keypass unlocked is NOT a security risk??
Then you want keypass to automatically exit after a certain amount of time. So that anyone could easily load it up again in its unlocked state.
Please let me get a hit of that crack you are smoking... its gotta be some good stuff.
1. You can just quickly right-click onto the KeePass tray icon and select "Lock/Unlock Workspace" (second-last point). KeePass will prompt you for the password, but won't maximize/restore the main window.
2. This is simply wrong. When KeePass "locks" a database, it just completely closes your database and only remembers the view settings (which are restored when you open the same database again, i.e. "unlock").
So, locking is equal to completely closing KeePass from a security point of view. Haven't you read the security info page?
Sorry, I don't mean been locked is not security. It's nothing to do with security. It's my false to use that words.
In fact, the two suggestion is just for more convenient.
To Nobody and Dominik:
1. We start the program is because we want to use it right now. I don't mean just start it without locked is secure. We still can set it autolocked after some seconds that we have used autotype login something.
Yes, start minimized with locked is useful when we set the program start with windows. But if we start it manually, we just want to use it right now! After we used it, autolock or autoexit is needed.
We just need it Start minimized for use autotype, not for build the database, after the database has already been built.
2. My point is, KeePass is a password keeper, we don't need it running as long as the windows is running. After we used it, autoexit is more convenient. (nothing to do with security)
KeePass is a great tool, I like it, I want it more perfect. I have used many such tools, KeePass is the best!
For the first one, there is another solution:
we start the program minimized with locked, when we need it, we type the auto-type hotkey, input the master password, and program is unlocked,
BUT the auto-type can't continue it's work.
If auto-type can continue Automatically, it good too.
To 1): I was already using the feature "minimize after start" exactly because @work I do only need keepass for global auto type. And I was quite shocked dominik added a lock to it.
But for some reason, if I call "keepass.exe db.file" I enter the password, and keepass minimizes as before. And does not lock. This is the behaviour I want so I want to be silent about that ;)
Thank you, Nobody/Anonymous - nobody.
This is what I want in the first suggestion. Then I just call the db.file. :D
Hope future versions can keep this feature.