- 'Master key input dialog in secure desktop' and
My KeePass shows the following anomality:
- Minimize KeePass to the Tray
- Use 'right-click' to 'Lock Workspace'
- Use Tray Icon to maximize KeePass
Secure desktop with dialog will pop up for a second. Before you can enter the password, it will be covered by KeePass in maximized mode, but with all buttons locked. Tray Icon is still there, but all menu points greyed out. There seems to be no way to get back to the secure dialog.
KeePass can be terminated by Task Manager - but not as usual on the Applications Tab by means of 'End Task'. You have to switch to the Processes and use 'End Process'
- The deadlock overlives a restart of KeePass! It will behave exactly as described above and lock you out from entering the master key!
I entered the password in an editor and was able to copy/paste it within the few milliseconds granted before the secure dialog vanishes. This could be impossible on a faster machine!