#155 Files with Line End Style "Unix" on Windows

closed
nobody
None
5
2012-09-23
2011-05-03
Mayisal
No

OS: Windows 7 x64
Kdiff3: 0.9.95-2 (and 0.9.93-3, 0.9.96a) (the latter one is provided with TortoiseHg 2.0.3)

When trying to diff files with a "Unix" Line End Style all lines are combined to one line and thus diffing/merging becomes impossible.
This did work correctly in version 0.9.92 (provided with TortoiseHg 1.1.9), but stopped working in version 0.9.93-3 (didn't test the builds in between, since I couldn't download them)

I tried several settings to try and help kdiff3 to show the files correctly, but nothing worked for me.
(Like setting "Settings/Editor/Line end style" to "Unix" and the restarting kdiff, and setting the correct file encodings ("Settings/Regional Settings/File Encoding for .") for all 3 files)

I provided an example of 3 files that I cannot diff in my installation.

Discussion

  • Mayisal
    Mayisal
    2011-05-03

    3 files with unix eol, not working in kdiff 0.9.93 and above

     
    Attachments
  • Joachim Eibl
    Joachim Eibl
    2011-05-04

    Hi,
    The file "resources (3).properties" has "old Mac" line end style (0x0d). (Unix line end style is 0x0a. Dos is 0x0d0a)
    I've made a patch in svn trunk that breaks the line, but otherwise it will still show "Unix".
    I hope this is sufficient for most cases.
    Where did you get that file from anyway?
    Joachim

     
  • Mayisal
    Mayisal
    2011-05-05

    Hey,
    Sorry about the inaccurate bug report (I didn't even know about "old Mac" line end style)

    I have no clue why this file should have this line end style. It was created in Windows, using Eclipse, "New file", but that was more than a year ago. I mostly edit it within Eclipse, but I have a tool that "sorts" this file maybe this causes the eol.

    I will look into it and get back to you about how this file got "old Mac" Line end style

     
  • Mayisal
    Mayisal
    2011-05-05

    The eol was introduced 8 weeks ago during a merge in mercurial, so eclipse and the sorting tool are not the problem (I actually didn't expect them to be, but were easy to check)

    The file shouldn't even have been in that merge, but somehow the eol got changed. I'm afraid it's impossible for me to find out more.

    Thnx for fixing it :)

     
  • This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
    previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
    did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
    the administrator of this Tracker).