From: Jason Wood <jasonwood@bl...> - 2006-12-27 03:25:12
I am struggling to get a working svn version of Kdenlive.
I have up to date check outs of mlt, mlt++, kdenlive and ffmpeg.
Everything compiles fine, but when I try to add any clip, Kdenlive
replies "The file test.mpg is not a valid video file for Kdenlive...".
The file itself is fine - it plays in my currently installed inigo, it played
in a previous version of Kdenlive.
What is interesting, is that if I look at the command line, I see the
Failed to load plugin: /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so.51: undefined symbol:
which I took to mean that I had possibly accidentally compiled kdenlive and/or
mlt up against an incorrect version of ffmpeg (libavformat). However, I have
systematically removed all traces of headers/libraries from my system of any
older ffmpeg libraries, and the problem still remains. I have done full
recompiles of mlt, mlt++ and kdenlive, and I have tried compiling mlt with
the --avformat-svn option, the avformat-static= option, and with neither
option, nothing has helped. Same thing each time.
I have even tried rebooting!
Running nm on libavformat.so.51 and libavutil.so.49 show that av_tree_find is
defined in libavutil, rather than libavformat. I don't know if this is
relevant or not
Any ideas on what I can do to debug into this?
Homepage : http://www.uchian.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
On Wednesday 27 December 2006 04:24, Jason Wood wrote:
> I have up to date check outs of mlt, mlt++, kdenlive and ffmpeg.
> Everything compiles fine, but when I try to add any clip, Kdenlive
> replies "The file test.mpg is not a valid video file for Kdenlive...".
> The file itself is fine - it plays in my currently installed inigo, it
> played in a previous version of Kdenlive.
One possibility is that you have spaces or accents or any special characters
in the path of your video file. This could cause some problems if your distro
does not use UTF8 encoding for its filesystem.
Otherwise I don't really know what the problem can be except a linking with
older libraries as you suggested. I can only recommend that you double check
you don't have Kdenlive installed in 2 different locations and eventually to
remove all MLT stuff located in /usr/local/share/mlt, then make distclean in
ffmpeg, MLT, MLT++ and Kdenlive and recompile everything.
Hope you can solve this soon.