Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

log-in fails: Cookie Error

Help
Alcapond
2005-12-15
2013-06-04
  • Alcapond
    Alcapond
    2005-12-15

Hi,

I have a problem logging into my account (username@googlemail.com) - Version 0.5.5 with KDE 3.5.0 under Gentoo - does not log in.

Errormessage is:

Unknown error while recieving cookies (free translation).
    What can I do?

Cheers,
    Alcapond

• You can launch it using a terminal (Konsole for example), and post the output here, without forgetting to delete sensitive informations from it (e-mails, password)

• Brian Thomason
      Brian Thomason
      2006-02-21

Getting the same thing here:

kcheckgmail: [void GMail::login()] Waiting for wallet...
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::get()]
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::get()] from kconfig
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::getKConfig()]
      kcheckgmail: Sending login: Email=&Passwd=*******&null=Sign%20in
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::get()] return true
      kcheckgmail: [void GMail::slotPostLoginResult(KIO::Job*)] Finally, Cookie: GoogleAccountsLocale_session=en
      kcheckgmail: [void KCheckGmailTray::slotLoginDone(bool, bool, const QString&)]
      kcheckgmail: ok=false evtFromTimer=true why=Unknown error retrieving cookies
      kcheckgmail:
      kcheckgmail: [void KCheckGmailTray::updateCountImage()] Count=0

As you can see, it's not sending my email address, but it is set.  Closing the app and restarting it worked, this time, but hadn't in the past.

-Brian

• smukec
      smukec
      2006-03-23

I get an unknown error retrieving cookies, and the g icon is flashing in red, but I don't know how can I get this debugging output. I've tried kcheckgmail --nofork but it still doesn't output anything in the console.

• smukec
      smukec
      2006-03-25

I've logged into gmail with firefox and then didn't sign out and now its working

• Alcapond
      Alcapond
      2006-03-27

This is my output:

kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::slotWalletChangedStatus()]
      kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::slotWalletChangedStatus()]
      kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::slotWalletChangedStatus()] Wallet Open!
      kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::slotWalletChangedStatus()] Setting folder
      kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::slotWalletChangedStatus()] Password:
      kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::slotWalletChangedStatus()] Got pass: ********
      kcheckgmail: Sending login: Email=alcapond@googlemail.com&Passwd=*******&null=Sign%20in
      kcheckgmail: [void GMailWalletManager::clearPassword()]
      kcheckgmail: [void GMail::slotPostLoginResult(KIO::Job*)] Finally, Cookie: GoogleAccountsLocale_session=de
      kcheckgmail: ok=false evtFromTimer=false why=Unbekannter Fehler beim empfangen der Cookies
      kcheckgmail:

• dan
      dan
      2006-06-06

I was using kcheckgmail on suse 9.1 pro. After working fine, it just stopped working and would not login properly and not recognise when there was new mail. I noticed that this happened right around the time when the gmail login screen featured a verification check where you need to enter the the distorted-looking text (presumably to stop bots). So maybe this could be reason. I have since installed Suse 10.1 and kcheckgmail gives me the same errors about cookies.

• Roberto
      Roberto
      2006-09-13

I am with the same problem:

kcheckgmail: [void KCheckGmailTray::slotLoginStart()]
      kcheckgmail: [void GMail::login()] Waiting for wallet...
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::get()]
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::get()] from kconfig
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::getKConfig()]
      kcheckgmail: Sending login: Email=mylogin@gmail.com&Passwd=???????????&null=Sign%20in
      kcheckgmail: [bool GMailWalletManager::get()] return true
      kcheckgmail: [void GMail::slotPostLoginResult(KIO::Job*)] Finally, Cookie: GoogleAccountsLocale_session=es
      kcheckgmail: ok=false evtFromTimer=true why=Unknown error retrieving cookies
      kcheckgmail:

i only change mu real login to mylogin. but the "???????????" in my password disconcert me. This is only shown when i have a password, because if i delete it from de rc file, and then y change the password in the config window, i get:

kcheckgmail: [void KCheckGmailTray::slotSettingsChanged()] passwd unchanged: mygmailpassword

and the password is not changed. And if I change again my pass, then the line shown is kcheckgmail: [void KCheckGmailTray::slotSettingsChanged()] passwd unchanged: mygmailpasswordmygmailpassword

supossed "mygmailpassword" is my pass