Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Bilding from CVS

Help
2005-12-15
2013-03-07
  • In order to build from CVS, I had to make one change to admin/cvs.sh --

*** cvs.sh      2005-12-14 20:56:10.000000000 -0800
    --- cvs.sh.orig 2005-12-14 20:55:42.000000000 -0800
    *************** fi
    *** 633,639 ****

# Call script to find autoconf and friends.  Uses eval since the script outputs
      # sh-compatible code.
    ! . admin/detect-autoconf.sh

###
      ### Main
    --- 633,639 ----

# Call script to find autoconf and friends. 
    ! eval `$admindir/detect-autoconf.pl`

###
      ### Main

The script is obviously simply bash and not perl.

I then built a Debian package using

dh_make -s
      fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

using gcc 4.0.2-5 on an amd64. The build went on for a while but ended in failure:

if /bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../kbear/lib/widgets -I../../../kbear/lib/jobclasses -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/share/qt3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -UQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -MT misc.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/misc.Tpo" \           -c -o misc.lo `test -f 'misc.cpp' || echo './'`misc.cpp; \         then mv -f ".deps/misc.Tpo" ".deps/misc.Plo"; \         else rm -f ".deps/misc.Tpo"; exit 1; \         fi
    misc.cpp: In function 'QPixmap KBear::createProgressPixmap(int)':
    misc.cpp:231: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
    make[5]: *** [misc.lo] Error 1
    make[5]: Leaving directory `/share/software/cvs/kbear/kbear-2.1.1-12+b2/kbear/lib/interfaces'
    make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/share/software/cvs/kbear/kbear-2.1.1-12+b2/kbear/lib'
    make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/share/software/cvs/kbear/kbear-2.1.1-12+b2/kbear'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/share/software/cvs/kbear/kbear-2.1.1-12+b2'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/share/software/cvs/kbear/kbear-2.1.1-12+b2'
    make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

This may be due to gcc 4.0 and amd64, cf.
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-devel/2005-January/msg00002.html

I'll try to build on x386 too.

Dave

• With the minor modification to the admin/cvs.sh script mentioned in my previous post the configuration worked fine.

The build, again with gcc 4.0, failed here:

misc.cpp: In function 'QPixmap KBear::createProgressPixmap(int)':
      misc.cpp:231: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
      make[5]: *** [misc.lo] Error 1
      make[5]: Leaving directory `/mnt/vc/software/cvs/kbear/kbear/kbear/lib/interfaces'
      make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Dave

• My mistake -- I didn't get the right branch (and haven't used CVS branches before). So I got it with this command:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/kbear co -r KBEAR_2_BRANCH kbear

In this branch, the detect-autoconf.pl is present, so no need to fix admin/cvs.sh.

The build first failed because I didn't have libqt3-compat-headers and then poxml (it would be nice if the configure script checked), but then the build worked! At the end, I got "dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libkbear (soname 2, path , dependency field Depends)", but the package built and installed fine.

I had this error message on i686 only, not on amd64. The package built fine on both platforms.

Dave