In response to the Viva Scripting Language for Java
of the Year 2004 poll (see
http://jroller.com/page/viva) Mike Johnson wrote in to
tell me about an alternative Python scripting language
project for Java that he created called Jep (Java
Jep embeds CPython in Java. It is safe to use in a
heavily threaded environment, it is quite fast and its
stability is a main feature and goal.
Some benefits to this approach:
- Although Python isn't blazingly fast, it may mean a
massive speed improvement over Java-based languages.
- Python is mature so authors needn't fear the
interpreter will suddenly change widely-used features.
- Access to the high quality Python modules, both
native and Python-based.
- Compilers and assorted Python tools are as mature as
- Python is an ideal language for your business logic.
It is easy to learn, eminently readable and generally
immune to programming gotchas.
More @ http://jepp.sourceforge.net and
Let us know what you think about Jep? Is it a viable
alternative to Jython?
XUL Alliance | http://xulalliance.org
XUL News | http://xulnews.com
Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca