From: Christopher Brooks <report@bu...> - 2011-11-05 19:11:28
New submission from Christopher Brooks <cxh@...>:
http://www.jython.org/license.html lists these licenses
- The Python Software Foundation License Version 2, which according to Wikipedia is a BSD-style license
- The Jython-2.0 and 2.1 license, which is similar to a BSD-style license
- The JPython 1.1.x license, which is similar to BSD-style license
The software ships with these licenses in the LICENSE.txt file.
However, LICENSE_CPython.txt and LICENSE_Apache.txt are also shipped. There is no mention as to what code actually uses those licenses in those files. The source files that use the Apache license clearly mention the license. The source files that use the CPython license could be more clear.
LICENSE_CPython.txt includes four copyrights:
- Python Software Foundation License Version 2
- BEOPEN.COM LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYTHON 2.0
- CNRI LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYTHON 1.6.1
- CWI LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYTHON 0.9.0 THROUGH 1.2
The last three look similar to BSD, but have various requirements.
It would be good to update the wiki page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jython#License_terms
Also, perhaps http://www.jython.org/license.html
should include a link to
It might be good to have something in the Jython faq as well.
title: http://www.jython.org/license.html should mention the other licenses
Jython tracker <report@...>