Holding the modjy RFE off until 2.5.2 (or as a patchset for those who need it) would be my preference. Any changes to 2.5.1 should necessitate an RC4, and that should only be for bugs of the severity that prompted RC3. Like everybody else here I'm sure, I don't want an RC4, enough is enough :)

I'm OK with a weekend final release given the small scope of change in RC3.

- Jim

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Alan Kennedy <jython-dev@xhaus.com> wrote:
>> There's a couple of modjy bugs that I'm going to look at today.
>> http://bugs.jython.org/issue1474
>> http://bugs.jython.org/issue1473

> Would you mind holding off on these until 2.5.2?  I expect 2.5.2 will
> come together reasonably quickly. These two bugs look to me to be more
> like feature requests (or at least below the level of "stop the
> release").

They're not major functionality changes, more like oversights in the
implementation. They are arguably easy for someone to add, for anyone
that needs them.

Maybe I'll just attach a patch to the bugs, then apply them after the weekend?


Come build with us! The BlackBerry&reg; Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9&#45;12, 2009. Register now&#33;
Jython-dev mailing list

Jim Baker