Help
ISABEL
2006-03-08
2013-04-29
  • ISABEL
    ISABEL
    2006-03-08

HI,
    CAN I GROUP THE SYNONYMS (SYNSETS) OF A WORD BY SIMILARITY, USING API JWNL?
    For EXAMPLE: TABLE

6 senses of table                                                      

Sense 1
    table, tabular array -- (a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1")
           => array -- (an orderly arrangement: "an array of troops in battle order")

Sense 2
    table -- (a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table")
           => furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture -- (artifacts that make a room ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room")

Sense 3
    table -- (a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant")
           => furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture -- (artifacts that make a room ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room")

Sense 4
    mesa, table -- (flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water")
           => tableland, plateau -- (a flat highland)

Sense 5
    table -- (a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks")
           => gathering, assemblage -- (a group of persons together in one place)

Sense 6
    board, table -- (food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board")
           => fare -- (the food and drink that are regularly consumed)

Synonyms, grouped by similarity

Sense 2
    table -- (a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table")

Sense 3
    table -- (a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant")
    --------------

Sense 4
    mesa, table -- (flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water")
           => tableland, plateau -- (a flat highland)

Sense 6
    board, table -- (food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board")
           => fare -- (the food and drink that are regularly consumed)
    --------------

Sense 1
    table, tabular array -- (a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1")
           => array -- (an orderly arrangement: "an array of troops in battle order")
    --------------

Sense 5
    table -- (a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks")
           => gathering, assemblage -- (a group of persons together in one place)
    --------------

Thanks