Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

URGENT: Limit to number of users per domain.

Help
RAMKI
2006-10-17
2013-04-09
  • RAMKI
    RAMKI
    2006-10-17

Is there any limit to the number of users per domain. I a have created two domains. I have created a user today and when I attempt to log in am getting the following error.
    Error:Failed to create message info wrapper instance

Exception:
    type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteResponseFacade.sendRedirect(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:340)

at dtw.webmail.JwmaSession.redirect(Unknown Source)

at dtw.webmail.JwmaController.service(Unknown Source)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

• Hi,

By domain, do you mean the <mta> configuration or the <postoffice>?  I assume you mean postoffice.  There's no limit on the number of users using a postoffice.

I've seen this wrapper error message in several cases, where the user account setting for msgprocessor wasn't set right, or where their inbox was very large, or when the user was running another mail client at the same time.

My Jwma configuration uses XML files for the user accounts (in the data directory), so what I do is find the file for that user and remove it, and have the user log in again.

I see from the traceback that you are using the 0.9.8 release.  We encourage people to use the code that is in CVS instead.  Also, the traceback doesn't list the source locations for the errors in Jwma.

==Leonard

• RAMKI
      RAMKI
      2006-10-17

By domain I mean is a virtual domain that points to a webmail folder.
      In tomcat's server.xml i have a virtual host attribute that directs to appropriate webfolder.

"so what I do is find the file for that user and remove it.."
      you mean the .xml files in /WEB-INF/data directory?

The user created is just a new user so having large inbox possibility can be ignored.

Leonard, thanks once again for your time.

Ramki.

• Hi Ramki,

Yes, I mean remove the .xml file for that particular user from the WEB-INF/data directory, and then when the user logs in again, a new file is created.

==Leonard

• You can look at the user's data/*.xml file, which contains their preferences.  It should have a msgprocessor element in it, set to "cleanmessage".

Sometimes I saw 0.9.8 create preferences files of zero length.  They need to be deleted.

==Leonard

• RAMKI
      RAMKI
      2006-10-17

There are many .xml files leonard. I really dont think it is possible to practically look into each file for username.

Will restarting Tomcat solve the issue?

• No, I don't think restarting Tomcat will resolve this, but you can try it.

Can you grep for the username, like this?

[sitongia@felix data]$ grep -l sitongia *
      afb8d2a68d332093f77fce397dfa5104.xml

That works on Unix, of course.  Perhaps you are on Windows?

==Leonard

• RAMKI
      RAMKI
      2006-10-17

Am on Red had linux

• RAMKI
      RAMKI
      2006-10-17

Ya i tried on linux but i dint get any file(s) listing with the username(for which i got the error) i mentioned.

But the command worked on another username.

• That's strange.  Other preferences files have been created, but this one has not.  Some other error must be causing the failure to create the preferences file, yet allowing the login process to continue until the exception you gave is thrown.  Anything else in the log file about this?

• RAMKI
      RAMKI
      2006-10-17

I just got into the folder /home/vpopmail/bin directory and worked with $./vuserinfo user@domain.com
      i found the usage is 99%

Probably is it because of this?

• I'm not familiar with vpopmail.  It is an IMAP server, I assume.

usage is disk usage?  Yes, if the storage area is too full, then the preferences file creation would fail.

• RAMKI
      RAMKI
      2006-10-18

Hi Leonard,

I found in log file that prefsExist=false
      Is it possible to create an .xml file manually for the user to let the user log in.

I have tried the option of increasing the users quota which did not work.

Now, am getting back to login page after entering the user name and password details. Unable log in at all.
      But the log file says that successfull login from username@domain.com@IP followed by prefsExist=false.

Huh.. how to get rid of this issue!!

Ramki