Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

jVi for Velocity files

Ravi
2012-04-22
2013-02-21
  • Ravi
    Ravi
    2012-04-22

I'm trying to edit Velocity template files but the "%" does not match curly or round braces. It works fine in Java source files.

• Ernie Rael
    Ernie Rael
    2012-04-22

For jVi in NB, the bracematching highlighting/jumping is delegated to NetBeans. So I guess there's a bracematcher registered for velocity that has this issue (but it does seem unusual). Does it fail if the cursor is sitting on the brace and is not simple somewhere on the line?

If you verify this problem without jVi, then you can file a NB bug report at http://netbeans.org/community/issues.html .

• Ernie Rael
    Ernie Rael
    2012-04-22

Forgot to mention that jVi does has internal bracematch logic. I suppose failover logic could be added that if NB doesn't find a match, then it checks with it's internal logic. There would not be any brace highlighting for these cases.

You can file a feature request; but I'm not spending much time with jVi now. Patches welcome.