Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Upload process

skippy
2005-02-28
2013-04-24
  • skippy
    skippy
    2005-02-28

Last night I uploaded about a hundred photos, in small-ish batches, to Flickr.  I noticed that jUploadr was sending photos in the same pattern every time, and thought it a bit odd.  First, it would upload the _second_ photo I added, and then it would upload in reverse order from the end.  So if I had a dozen photos, it would upload them in these sequence:
    2, 12, 11, 10, 9, ...

Is there a reason for this?

• Steve Cohen
      Steve Cohen
      2005-03-01

that's a bug, it should upload in the reverse order in which you add the photos so that in your stream, they come out in the same order in which they appear in jUploadr.
      Which version are you using?

• Steve Cohen
      Steve Cohen
      2005-03-01

Skip:
      I tried this with 0.4, and it seems to work the way I expect (uploading last to first).
      How are you adding the files? Also, are you uploading and a set and then adding more files to a set? I just want to duplicate your problem, but so far, I can't seem to do it.
      -Steve

• skippy
        skippy
        2005-03-03

I used version 0.4.  I dragged items from Konqueror into the jUploadr window, marked them one-by-one as public, assigning tags as I went, then clicked Upload.

Another issue, which may or may not be related, is that sometimes when dragging items into the jUploadr window I would be unable to drop them.  The cursor would flicker between a regular arrow pointer and the "You can't do this!" icon (I forget now exactly what the icon is to represent that).  Sometimes I could drop the photo if I waited a while (several seconds), and other times I would be simply unable to drop.  My solution was to exit both jUploadr and Konqueror, and start over.