Feedback

Feedback
2011-08-01
2013-05-14
  • Alan Stretton
    Alan Stretton
    2011-08-01

Hi

Looks interesting, but not much information and not much on the forum.

Nice to know who your, Whois give an address at Brisbane University - can't be such a bad place, why hide it?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alan

• Modset
    Modset
    2011-08-01

That whois information is quite outdated, I've updated it on our nameservers… And put a bit less info :)
    Hopefully it will be fixed up soon.
    Thanks for that.

Definitely we'll be adding more documentation in the coming month.

• Alan Stretton
    Alan Stretton
    2011-08-01

Just looks a little strange, I understand you are just starting, but  a little more info on who you are would help a lot.

I have been trying to install Jumbo on localhost on linux with out much success, keeps complaining about file permissions,  should everything be 777 ? 

• Modset
    Modset
    2011-08-02

I've tweaked the setup script a little bit… It may fix the problem.

What Linux distro are you using?
    What's your PHP version?
    Are you running SuPHP or similar?

No, the files should not be 777 - In fact, the reason for this error is because Jumbo tries to chmod all important files to 600. This means that Apache needs to run as a superuser to be able to access them. It is much more secure this way.

• Alan Stretton
    Alan Stretton
    2011-08-02

Hi

I am using Mint 11.

I have a lamp set up where I have been trying other cms's, so it works OK .  I have SQlite, suphp and libapache2-mod-suphp, and php 5.2 installed.

I installed LAMP with tasksel so I think it should be ok.    When you unpack jumbo and copy the files to /var/www  should this be done as root or as the ordinary user ?

Where does Jumbo store the passwords ?  It seems to me that there is a problem with the password being doubled up in the FTP box, when I put root into the user box  the password box fills up with twice as many dots as my normal password (I  have tried the install a couple of times)

Does the password system except letters, numbers and symbols ?  my password is combination of all 3.

• Modset
    Modset
    2011-08-05

Passwords in Jumbo can be a combination of letters, numbers and other symbols. The reason why the password box seems to fill up with extra dots is a security feature of Jumbo - At login, Jumbo hashes passwords before sending them over the net to make it more difficult for hackers to steal your password. It's a nice layer of security if you intend to use Jumbo over regular HTTP.

I don't understand why it doesn't work on your system. I've tested it in both Windows (WAMP) and Linux without trouble.
    I'll look into it.