Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Suddenly Unable To Run Juice

Help
eb56
2007-02-28
2013-04-24
  • eb56
    eb56
    2007-02-28

I've been running Juice for a year now. Suddenly it died today. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. No change. Uninstalled, restored to a point where juice was working, reinstalled. No change.
    Any idea what happened?

Juice.exe.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "gui.py", line 4, in ?
      File "iPodderGui.pyc", line 3573, in main
      File "ipodder\configuration.pyc", line 468, in __init__
      File "os.pyc", line 154, in makedirs
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

• eb56
      eb56
      2007-03-01

I changed my download directory to a portable MP3 player and that was causing the problem. When I tried to run Juice without the MP3 player connected, the whole program failed. I wiped out all the Juice related files I could find but after I got Juice running again all my preferences and podcasts are still there, even after two or three uninstalls/installs. Where is this information stored?

• keith
      keith
      2007-03-18

I'm having exactly the same problem. I installed it, everything worked fine, changed some settings then rebooted, then it stopped working. I've uninstalled several times but still nothing. Did you ever get it to work?

• keith
      keith
      2007-03-18

Ok, weird, but now its working. I didnt do anything, it just started again.

• eb56
        eb56
        2007-03-20

My whole problem stemmed from setting up my mp3 player as the target directory for downloaded podcasts. Juice works fine when my mp3 player is plugged in, but if it's not, Juice won't even start.

• I've had this exact same problem twice.  The first time I think I did uninstalled and reinstalled Juice and it worked again.  That was months ago and this week it started doing it again.  This time uninstalling and reinstalling has not helped.  And no - I have not set up my MP3 player as the target directory for downloaded podcasts.  Anyone - any other hints?

• ozzysteve1
      ozzysteve1
      2008-01-10

Maybe the developers with all due respect ( I'm not a tech-giant so respect 4 people with the expertise ) may be able to create a simmultaneous or dual ( not default ) download to mp3 or whatever other device option . This may solve the prob . As I said I am not super but this may not work either . Depending on platform and settings it may be good to get rid of app data ( not sure ) , but as ninemsn use juice in Australia , let's get some people together and as I'm a vista user and after 1 year of sortin probs out am happy with it , let's try and get a vista compat juice goin . Any feedback from tech gurus or people who want to genuinely want to be able to say I made a difference would be appreciated . I own 900 domains and am willing to work with people , financially or not , dependant on results . Let's do it , Steve

• Chris L'Lewen
      Chris L'Lewen
      2008-10-01

I was able to get around this problem by defining the download directory on the command line. If you're on Windoze right click on the shortcut that you use to start it and click on properties. In the 'Target' field add a -D c:\path\to\podcasts to the command thats already there... so mine looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Juice\Juice.exe" -D c:\pods

Hope this helps...