Michael
2007-11-07
2013-05-28
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Michael
    Michael
    2007-11-07

Hi,
    just tried JuffEd. Looks really nice and works very well!

Some features I would like to see in a future version:
    * Line highlighting: different background color for the line where the cursor is in
    * small space after line number (right side)
    * auto indent
    * more highlighting (set own colors)
    * box selection (like in jedit ctrl+drag)
    * smaller icons in the main menubar

Keep up the good work!

• Mezomish
      Mezomish
      2007-11-07

Well, everything is almost clear except these 2 moments:

1. "more highlighting (set own colors)" -- do you mean more highlighting schemes or you want to have an opportunity to customize existing schemes? Or both? :)
      Actually, highlighting schemes are usual XML-files located in /home/user/.config/juff/hlschemes/ with quite intuitive syntax (I hope :)). If you want to have some extra schemes, you can easily create it and send it to me to include it into the next release.

2. Could you explain what happens when you do Ctrl+drag in jEdit?

• Michael
        Michael
        2007-11-07

Hi,
        thanks for the answer.

to 1: more schemes would be nice. The xml files seem to be quite easy to edit! I'll have a look at them.
        Perhaps a possibility to change font-size, color IN JuffEd would be nice too.

to 2: With Ctrl+hold left mouse button down you can select like this:
        http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4933/selectqd8.jpg
        So "is a" in line 1-4 and when you start typing/deleting it will change all the lines at ones. A very hand feature.

• Iuri Fiedoruk
        Iuri Fiedoruk
        2008-10-07

Are the list of highlights hardcoded?
        I've tried to create and php.xml, but it did now shown up the the editor :-P

• Mezomish
          Mezomish
          2008-10-09

The list of available lexers (those magic classes that implement highlighting, foldind, indents in libqscintilla) is quite short (in comparison to the original Scintilla), but almost all of them are used in JuffEd.
          PHP one is combined with HTML (since that's the way how it's implemented in QScintilla).

I think I can split them to make it a bit more intuitive :)

• Michael
      Michael
      2007-11-07

sorry, with auto-indent I mean something like "select all - auto indent".

Oh, and it would be nice if you can skip the session menu in the beginning

• Mezomish
        Mezomish
        2007-11-07

>Oh, and it would be nice if you can skip the session menu in the beginning

There will be an option in settings dialog to configure it.

• Michael
      Michael
      2007-11-25

Using beta 3 as my new default text editor now (with 'Open empty session' at start-up)! Well done!
      There is one thing that is a bit annoying atm: if you double click a string with ' or " around it it will select the " ' too (like "test"). Is it possible to change that so it only selects the text between the " '?

• Michael
        Michael
        2007-11-25

oh, and a open recent files menu (http://www.topologi.com/products/tpro/png_large/file_open_recent.png) would be a very nice addition!

• Mezomish
          Mezomish
          2007-11-25

Added to the "todo"-list.

• Michael
            Michael
            2007-11-27

Sorry for making so much requests but a middle click on the tab to close it (like in firefox) would be handy.
            I also tried to make a gentoo ebuild but I failed in the install process (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-612044-highlight-juffed.html)

• Mezomish
              Mezomish
              2007-11-28

You shouldn't be sorry for making feature requests, because you help me to make JuffEd better ;)

As for problems with ebiuld.... I've never used Gentoo, that's why I can only suppose.
              Do you have write permissions for directory /usr/share/ ?

• Michael
                Michael
                2007-11-28

When you 'emerge' (install) new packages you have to be root. Thats why I'm very confused in that error message. I'll try to find help in the #gentoo channel to get a working ebuild!

• Michael
            Michael
            2007-12-07

What about:

* 'save as' should have old filename in the textfield. It's empty at the moment
            * updating open files as they change outside (in an other program)
            * a better search: feedback in the status bar ("not found", "starting from top again"), auto wrap, window should stay on top and a "search again" button or so

• Mezomish
        Mezomish
        2007-11-25

This functionality is provided by standard class QTextEdit which doesn't allow to change this behavior by default (the same issue with current line highlighting, vertical block selection and some other things).
        May be I'll implement my own class (there are no any difficulties, it just takes time), but this is not the first-priority task.

• Mezomish
      Mezomish
      2008-01-17

Hi!
      Try new 0.2-dev snapshot. I've implemented several features you wanted.
      You're welcome with bugreports.

• Michael
        Michael
        2008-01-17

Awesome release! Thank you very much!
        Is there a switch to open a file in a new tab rather than a new JuffEd when clicking on a file outside the program (everytime I click to open a file in Konqueror it opens a new JuffEd)?

Oh, please add the "Search reached end, continue from beginning" to the replace too and keyboard shortcuts to the menu (Alt+F for &File,etc.)!

I'll make you a German l10n file later!

• Mezomish
      Mezomish
      2008-01-17

Thank you for your feedback!

>Is there a switch to open a file in a new tab rather than a new JuffEd when clicking on a file outside the program (everytime I click to open a file in Konqueror it opens a new JuffEd)?

I'll have a look how it's made in other projects ;)

>Oh, please add the "Search reached end, continue from beginning" to the replace too and keyboard shortcuts to the menu (Alt+F for &File,etc.)!

Oh, sorry, I've forgot about "Replace".... :)

• Iuri Fiedoruk
      Iuri Fiedoruk
      2008-10-07

I'm working on a PHP highlight and plan to work, if possible, on a tag editor plugin.
      Also, I'll need to kind of create a multiple highlight (PHP+HTML+Javascript).

Meanwhile, I have a small suggestion: when you open and edit a file, and choose "save as" to save with a different name, could the file dialog go to the folder the file is originally from?

• Mezomish
        Mezomish
        2008-10-09

>Also, I'll need to kind of create a multiple highlight (PHP+HTML+Javascript).

Actually it's already created.  JavaScript has it's own scheme, PHP scheme is combined with HTML scheme.
        Hm, may be it will be a good idea to split them.... :)

>Meanwhile, I have a small suggestion: when you open and edit a file, and choose "save as" to save with a different name, could the file dialog go to the folder the file is originally from?

Sure, that would be the better way. Accepted :)

• Iuri Fiedoruk
      Iuri Fiedoruk
      2008-10-09

So, to the next topic: is it possible to create a plugin that adds functionality like quanta+ or homesite, that adds an "edit this tag" on the menu when you right click over a tag in HTML? It could be added to core, but I think, as a plugin it will not interfere with the development of the main editor.

If so, I'm willing to create it :)

• Mezomish
        Mezomish
        2008-10-09

Hm.... I've never seen neither of listed software before :)
        I'll have a look to figure out what I can do.

• turtlepurple
      turtlepurple
      2009-02-28

Hey,
      Said it already: Great Work, the only little thing I would appreciate is a solution for syntax Highlithing for .php files.
      Either a Combined Hightlighting of HTML and PHP or the possibility to set HTML-Highlights as standard for .php files would be comfortable!

Thanks anyway

• Mezomish
        Mezomish
        2009-04-05

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I think I'll extend PHP scheme with HTML highlighting.
        And of course there will be an option to define default syntax highlightings for certain file types.

• Mezomish
        Mezomish
        2009-04-07

Hi,

I've added HTML and JS highlighting to PHP scheme (SVN revisions 435 and 436 for '0.5' and 'trunk' branches).

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)